Help vip622 no longer works

Wired

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 17, 2006
Left last week for vacation and the system worked; got back today and nothing; system is sat at aquiring signal. I have messed with cabling, performed a ton of check switch's to no avail.

Dish first wanted to charge me $99 for a service call because I wasnt in warranty! I am in day 31 sadly, so I better be in warranty!

My wife is not happy because the earliest they will send someone is thursday! I am feeling the heat to switch back to comcast!

It shows input 1 and 2 as X X

When I boot the box it says there is a switch error or incorrect configuration.

Try a cold boot (unplug from the power), then follow by the "check switch" process....... I had one constantly gave me "Switch Error" messages, I use the soft boot several times, it still came back the same error every few days. Until I did an cold boot and re-run the check switch, it has been up ever since.

A cold boot or hard reset will also reset the LNB and switch (no power). Unplug the receiver (s) for a good minute or more, then plug power back. That will hopefully reset the equipment.

If that doesn't fix it, you most likely have a bad LNB or bad receiver and will need a Dish Network technician.

If you have a DPP44 switch, you probably also need to unplug the power inserter to cut the power to the switch to reset it as well when you're doing the A/M hard reset of the receiver(s)...

I have a basic setup, i did do cold boots but only left the power out for 15 seconds or so, I will try longer this evening.

I have 2 dish 500's which seem to join together outside the house, one cable comes into the basement where it splits to the coax for the lounge and one of the bedrooms, the split into the lounge has another splitter/switch and that goes in to the 622, the output then has another spliter/switch that i presume allows the signal to go back down the coax to the bedroom tv.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Turned out to be a dead LNB - a little concerning seeing as its only a month old and I will be charged service call fee after 90 days.

I got the same message about the switch last night but a restart of the box cleared it. I am a little concerned that it will fail again, and dish charge 99 bucks to come and fix their faulty equipment after 90days!

Add the dish home protection plan to your bill for 5.99 a month and the tech visit will only be 29.99. You can drop it after the tech fixes your problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)