Help: Voom Box stopped working!!!

Darkneo2k1

Original poster
Dec 25, 2004
Help it doesn't work anymore... I reboted it and it shows the Voom logo then just a blank screen. The little light in front is red and stays red. Even if u push the power button it stays on. :confused:

I would think that if you turned the power button off the red light would go off? It could be that something in your Voom receiver isn't working or your dish isn't picking up the Satellite signal.

im pretty sure the sat is getting a signal, but why would nothing come on even after I reboot? I prees the voom button and nothing

Try unplugging it and let it sit for a minute then plug it in and let it recycle. What resolution is your display? Have you tried cycling through the red button to set the resolution manually?

The receiver might have gone bad in which case the only solution is to call and make a service call and ask for credit to not having any programming available while it is replaced.

I would also check all the cabling (inside/outside) to make sure nothing is loose. If you have a phone line connected, disconnect it and do the reboot once again. I do not know if you can get to the system settings but if you can, can you check the signal strength throug the installation wizard to see if you are actually getting a signal from the dish.

Look outside to see if the dish moved from its direction. That is another possibility. Let us know what happens.

Also I do not know if you called CSR already but they might be able to send a hit to the box to see if anything can happen.

Checkd everything, still nothing. i guess imma call call. How long do you think it will take to replace the box?

The way it works is that the box gets shipped to the local installer. So it is very important to let them know that your box is fried so you need the local installer to come with a box and not empty handed. I do not know the exact time but it's better to call them asap since we are in the holiday season.

I noticed on my box the light stays red if I don't have a signal lock because of storms/high winds or whatever.

(Then I can go into the Options and Settings, then System Settings, Installer Menu, then Tune Satellite Signal to check my signal strength.)

But if it's been out for this long, then there's probably a problem with the dish being aligned or with the receiver going bad.

- Jame

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts