Help.. What does this mean?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevinn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
New Orleans
Can anyone explain what all this means please since I am new to this. My Fortec Lifetime Ultra arrived and it arrived dead so I bought another receiver in its place. The receiver I bought is Model No.: BUZZ S2010F - did I do good? So what does the below mean? I do not know anything about all that stuff.
Thanks for the help, hope this post wont die, my last one vanished.

*Tuner (Sharp NIM Tuner) Various Aspect Ratio with4:3, Letter Box, Full Screen & 16:9

*1 LNB Input with IF Signal Loop Through Background Graphic Display for Radio Program Channels

*Input Frequency 950 – 2150 MHz Parental Lock Function using Master PIN Code

*Tuner Symbol Rate : 1?45 MS/s 40 Steps Volume Control

*Supports SCPC & MCPC from C / Ku-band Automatic NTSC / PAL Detection and Simple Video Converter (NTSC PAL)

*DiSEqC 1.0 & 1.2 with 500mA Max. LNB Power In On-Screen Display Menu

*22KHz Switching Control Useful RCU Key-Functions for Channel Find, Edit and Signal Strength Display

*RS232C

*PC to Set S/W Downloading using Window based Specific Program

*Set to Set S/W Downloading (Main Program & Channel List Data File)

*3 RCA Output for Video, Audio L/R

*Wide PLL RF Modulator - NTSC

*SPDIF Optical Output for Dolby Digital Bit-Stream AC3 Audio

Wow!

Iceburg is the man! I have tron coming over to help me with all this, he is helping me build my BUD system too, I have a specially designed pole to mount the BUD on that should withstand hurricanes. Filled with cement, (4) 1 square foot steel foot pads that are sunk into a concrete slab and welded to legs that are welded to the pole plus the depth of the pole in a big ball of cement, this BUD should not move in wind at all. I thank god I am a welder by hobby, its proven to be a requirement to get the BUD pole secure in the ground so another Katrina wont bend or take down the pole, this pole actually bent at the ground during Katrina. I cut it at the bend and used wehat was left, still its standing at about 13 feet or so and is 4 foot deep in the ground. The slab I am pouring will be containing steel rebarb and also will be 6 inches deep in the ground and stick out about an inch on top of being HUGE in square size.

I am happy I bought the right receiver, I figured it was a godo one and the price was very very good at only $145.00. I am returning the bad Fortec Lifetime receiver that I got, it was very used and dead on arrival. Disapointing to me and Tron both.

As usual, thanks to everyone!

One question to IceBurg - can I upgrade the memory stick in this or is it soldered to the board? What can I upgrade? I see it has some sort of PC connection besides the serial, whats that for?

No, the memory is soldered in place. The Pansat 3500 has removable SD sticks, but that is for MP3 playback and firmware upgrades. It's really no trouble to do your channel list edits using the serial port, and there probably will be no need for a firmware upgrade unless they fix some horrible bug (which reading the review it doesn't have)

Looks like that receiver might be able to be used without a remote, judging from the number of buttons on the front panel. One thing that's always irked me (even before Kevinn's problem with his Fortec's remote sensor) is the fact that, on most FTA receivers, without the remote the receiver is useless :(

Last edited:
yes the Buzz can pretty much be used without the remote if you wanted :)

Kevin...all those specs you posted above are pretty much standard fare on most receivers....other than the AC-3 output most is standard :)

Thanks guys

The person I bought it from said it is shipping Fedex so it should be here.

I am anxious to see what comes, the other C band receiver is on its way as well. I have to find the money now to get the other stuff I need to finish the pole this big dish is going up onto. I think the pads and filling it with cement will make it solid.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)