Help! with 10 metal mesh dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sgflats

Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
I recently aquired a 10' mesh orbitron satellite dish with a receiver,
unfortunately, when dismantling the dish, the center metal "star" where all the arms that hold the mesh got broken, ( a few of the metal flanges of the star were broken off, can this be easily replaced?

My advice would be to take the broken parts/pieces to your local machine shop for repair. You may have a hard time finding replacement parts, unless to stumble upon someone that has some old stock.

My advice would be to take the broken parts/pieces to your local machine shop for repair.

Depending on how complicated it is, you might get the guy to make you a new one.
Check the price, though.

It could most likely be welded, and for a lot less, if the part is complex.
Even if it's aluminum, there are techniques that could fix it. (MIG or TIG welding)
Of course, if it's broken across screw-holes or parts are missing, that would be a problem.

I had a buddy faced with a $3000 replacement for a busted aluminum engine casing on his motorcycle.
He took it to a local guy who's an expert in such things and got it all fixed up for under $100.
Just takes the right man, with the right tools.

depending on location ..... dishes here are usually cheap , just ask for them ..... so the best option might be search for another big dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts