help with 105 superdish!

evancono29

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
illinois
well i bought a superdish for camping for 50$ :) . Checked it out in front lawn it worked to a certain extent it got 110 and 119 but no 105 the check switch showed that i had no feed from the 105 fss lnbf but when i hooked up my signal meter to the 105 line i aimed it and got what seemed to be on the meter a good signal ran another check switch still no 105 through a DP34 i dont think its the switch i dont have locals yet but next year we will so im planning ahead any ideas on what this could be? by the way i am using a dp301 to do this stuff. is it possibly because i am not subscribed to locals yet i thought it didnt matter? help :(

Not subscribing to locals will have no bearing on your ability to get signal from 105.

Is the "Superdish" option selected in the check switch screen? and is your software current? If so, then...

105 is kind of hard to peak your first time around. make sure your mast arm is PERFECTLY level. make sure your skew and elevation on the dish is set as per the instructions in the manual, (actually i've found the actual elevation in my area of illinois is 42 as opposed to the manual's 41). peak 119 first for the best possible signal. then put your meter on 105 and fine tune it. It doesn't take much. If your 119 and 110 signals are not at least 90 on transponders 11 and 12 then your dish is probably not aimed right. SD's must be pointed absolutely perfectly to get 105.

Good luck!

chances are you're reading another satellite off of your 105 lnb.

bump up your elevation a couple degrees and aim for the best signal you can with 119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)