Help with 612 and 722 signal outputs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wannaknowitall

Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
New to HD and getting 612 and 722 Saturday.
On 722, if in Single Mode, with output to one TV on Component and output to another TV on RF (I know I'll be viewing the same programming on both TVs that way), will output from RF AND Component be 1080i HD? Dish propaganda says output to second TV downconverted to SD, but if I'm not in Dual Mode, I'm thinking output from all connections should be HD. I've read post about the P.I.A. of HDMI, so thinking Component is less hassle.
For the 612, same question. I know it does not "support" two TV's, but will be running main TV off Component and secondary TV off RF. Do all outputs send HD?

RF Coax does not send HD

IIRC, there is a technical reason for that.

You can send the same output to two different TVs in HD by connecting one with Component and the other with HDMI.

The TV1 output (from Component and HDMI) can be set to 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i, by the way, and you should set it to your TV's native resolution.

The S-Video, composite (yellow RCA jack) and RF Coax are automatically downconverted to NTSC (4x3 SD).

I'm thinking output from all connections should be HD. I've read post about the P.I.A. of HDMI, so thinking Component is less hassle.
For the 612, same question. I know it does not "support" two TV's, but will be running main TV off Component and secondary TV off RF. Do all outputs send HD?

This is probably way over your head, but the RF output is just plain old analog NTSC. As was pointed out in another thread, you'd have to have an MPEG-2 encoder and an 8VSB modulator in the box to output an HD signal that could be "tuned" by a second TV from an antenna input, and those two pieces of hardware simply don't exist inside the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts