help with 7200 IRD

tl24

Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
ok how can you power up the 7200 IRD with out the MSN? try to get to the main menu to see the singnal strength ect... or can you bypass the MSN :(

If you power up a 7200 and it always tries to dial out to the MSN server it is because it has a software problem and it is trying to get software to re-initialize itself. It you let it dial out and it is still unable to get its software it is likely that the hard disk has failed. If that is the case you get get a new hard drive and install it yourself and let it dial out and get its software.

Note: the 7200 does NOT need to be connected to the satellite dish to get its initial software (it gets it via the phone line from the MSN server). Only after it has it will you be able to get to the signal strength (dish pointing) screen.

Bill R said:
If you power up a 7200 and it always tries to dial out to the MSN server it is because it has a software problem and it is trying to get software to re-initialize itself. It you let it dial out and it is still unable to get its software it is likely that the hard disk has failed. If that is the case you get get a new hard drive and install it yourself and let it dial out and get its software.

Note: the 7200 does NOT need to be connected to the satellite dish to get its initial software (it gets it via the phone line from the MSN server). Only after it has it will you be able to get to the signal strength (dish pointing) screen.

kool thanks for the info, where do i go new software after i get a HD?

And be prepared to try a few times. The MSN servers at the other end of that phone call seem like they're not there 24/7. Once you reach the server, it takes at least a half hour to pull down the initial s/w.

Also, after you install the new HD, if you get an error message that says you need a hardware repair, make sure you set the drive's jumpers properly (like I didn't :)).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)