Help with a 3-sat MDU install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cheebs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 15, 2005
This is for a multiple cascaded 22khz multiswitch system. I'd like to add SatC to the system.
At present, the system consists of 8 cascaded 22khz multiswitches, connected to 101 and 119. I've addded SatC combiners to single-family home installs before, but never to a cascaded MDU system.

My question is, do I add the SatC integrator ONLY at the headend or do I need to add a fifth tapped line throughout the entire cascade, and a combiner at every multiswitch???

I've made a rudimentary diagram to explain things graphically. It shows the SatC integrator only at the headend.

Attachments

• satcdiag.jpg
    satcdiag.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
I don't know anything about MDU, but in consumer applications you combine 110 and 119 and direcTV equipment then thinks its one satellite since the Sat C combiner shifts the frequencies so 110 & 119 fit in one satellite's bandwidth.

ADent said:
I don't know anything about MDU, but in consumer applications you combine 110 and 119 and direcTV equipment then thinks its one satellite since the Sat C combiner shifts the frequencies so 110 & 119 fit in one satellite's bandwidth.

Yes, I've done several home installs with the SatC combiner.

I just need to know if the combined signal will cascade from the headend or if I will need an extra tapped line and combiners at every multiswitch.

Muchas Gracias Doctor Bob!!! :D

Doctor Bob said:
You should be able to add the "C" Kit, which diplexes into the the system, and you're good to go... The rest is all taken care of by the Multiswitches...

correct once again, DOCOTORO ROBERTO;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts