Help with AMC4 setting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zymol710

Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Iceberg,

I have a Star Choice 75e with dual LNB. I live in San Francisco, CA.
I need help in adjusting the skew setting for the AMC4 satellite. Thanks.

Code:
                   San Francisco
         Latitude 37° 43.140'N Longitude 122° 24.576'W

Sat Name Sat Lng Az(t) Az(m)    El  Skew
---------------------------------------------------------------

AMC 4  101.0W 147.3 131.8  40.9 -25.3

Satellite Finder is (c) Copyright 2004, P. Lutus

AMC setting

Thanks for the info. how do I set the -25.3 skew on the back of the dish? all the numbers on back of the dish are positive.

I don't have a Star Choice dish, but didn't Iceberg (or somebody) say it had a skew adjustment on the back? If so, why wouldn't it have markings for the skew, to use with the adjustment?

Al

Edit: I know my DirecPC dish has markings for the skew on it.

Actually the 75E has a skew setting as well, unfortunately I can't help you as my dish is on the roof and I can't climb up there to look. I looked at one on line and your best bet is to eyeball it. If you can take your receiver and TV out to the dish (I have a cheap portable tv) and tune it in that way.

AMC4 skew setting

Zero, there are a set of markings for the elevation and a set of markings for the skew which you can turns clockwise or counterwise. All those numbers are positive.
what number do I set for a -25.3 skew?

Since you are in San Francisco. When you look up at the sky and towards the south, AMC4 would be to your left. So, when you're standing behind the dish, the skew will move to your left, regardless of whether it's positive or negative on the markings. At least I "think" it should?

Al

I would think the number to set would be 25.3?

You'll need to inject 22 KHz into the Quad LNBF to make the non-offset part of the LNBF switch to 101, which will provide the most signal.

Then set the skew on the back of the antenna for 101.
Zero skew offset = 90 degrees, or center of scale.
90 minus 25 = 65 degree setting for 101.

zymol710 said:
Zero, there are a set of markings for the elevation and a set of markings for the skew which you can turns clockwise or counterwise. All those numbers are positive.
what number do I set for a -25.3 skew?

Sorry, I should have read the post properly :eek: I did not see what type of dish it is.

yep on the SC dishes you take skew off of 90

Also, depending on what LNB you use, you may or may not have to use the 22k. The LNB on the right (if behind the dish) doesnt need the 22k (its labelled sat a). The other one does :)

Depends on the LNB.
If its the old "flashlight" LNB, those can be skewed.

If its the beer cans or the quad, the way the LNB holder is set up, you cant skew the LNB. On the quad, the LNB holder is molded to the LNB. You slip it into the arm of the dish (just like you would a DIsh or DirecTV LNB) so it can't move

PLus skewing the dish is better than skewing just the LNB. Skewing the dish allows you to use the whole dish :)

Iceberg said:
PLus skewing the dish is better than skewing just the LNB. Skewing the dish allows you to use the whole dish :)

Ahh Good Point! I didn't consider that, it would be just like a motor skews the dish.

I learned something tonight, thanks Iceberg.

Wholeshoe

Zero, so if my skew is -25.3 then I should set my skew to be positive 65.3? I have the dual LNB that is stationary. I have to rotate the dish to adjust the skew.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)