Help with ASC1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Comptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 26, 2006
Travelers Rest SC
Either I am getting feeble in my old age or I am overthinking this. Got my ASC1 today and after reading the manual I am a little confused. I think I know the answer, but want to ask. To use my A3 with Diseq nothing needs to be done with the controller other than saving the postion. To use it as a stand alone positioner I need to download the sat list. So with my A3 I tell it position 1 find the sat with the ASC1 and save it in the ASC1. Is it that simple or am overthinking?

What I do is:

I have uploaded the list to the ASC1. I look for the position number that the sat is on the ASC1. Move the dish to where it is on the arch. Save the Diseq to my receiver using the same position number that the satellite is listed in the ASC1. Example: G19 is listed as position 22 both on my IRD and in the ASC 1.

I make the list in my receiver match the position is on the ASC1. It's easier that way.

You may use or create/edit a satellite list via a PC if you wish names to appear on the ASC1 front panel then follow K9SAT suggestion for programming with this optional setting:
If using a servo motor for polarity control, use the ASC1 to optimize skew offset for both horizontal and vertical polarities then save with the A3

If displaying a name on the ASC1 doesn't matter:
  • Drive the actuator to the East or West limit switch then return 5 or 10 counts.
  • Perform a Global Reset of the ASC1 (this is your 0000 count position in case you need to resync, park and disconnect, etc.)
  • Select a satellite in the A3
  • Drive the actuator East/West with the A3 until signal is optimized
  • Optional: if using a servo motor for polarity control, use the ASC1 to optimize skew offset for both horizontal and vertical polarities
  • Save this position with the A3
  • Repeat

Brian you are a genius and yes I was over thinking. This is one serious dish mover. Thank you for your hard work. Setup was easy with my A3, In a hour I had 50W to 137W set and scanned. The box is dead on and if I didn't know better I would swear it stops on it's own when looking for a transponder. Thanks again and you are a god for this hobby!

Reactions: Titanium
Great to hear that you were successful and enjoying your system. Thank for the compliment. I am a hobbyist myself and hope that the products that I bring to market make the experience better for everyone.

Good catch on the satellite aiming feature! The A3 does communicate with the ASC1 stop the East/West movement on its own when optimizing a transponder if using DiSEqC 1.2. The DiSEqC 1.2 motor set-up automatically stops the motor and requests user if they want to save the position when the satellite/active transponder is found and peaked. :)

Great to hear that you were successful and enjoying your system. Thank for the compliment. I am a hobbyist myself and hope that the products that I bring to market make the experience better for everyone.

Good catch on the satellite aiming feature! The A3 does communicate with the ASC1 stop the East/West movement on its own when optimizing a transponder if using DiSEqC 1.2. The DiSEqC 1.2 motor set-up automatically stops the motor and requests user if they want to save the position when the satellite/active transponder is found and peaked. :)

I did not know the A3 ASC1 combo could do that! Great feature. From White Men Can't Jump - That sh#t is too easy! Too easy!

Brian, this thing is dead n*tz on. What a great piece of equipment. I set up my arc and have been back and forth from 55.5 to 137w and it stops dead on everytime. Unfortunatly I use a ortho feed so I can't speak for polarization but I bet it would do just fine. You did a great job on this works like my 4DTV did but with a FTA receiver. Thanks again for your dedication and hard work.

Reactions: KE4EST and Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)