Help with BrasilSat1 in Miami

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rsavassi

Original poster
Jan 22, 2006
I Bought a kit from Brazil, with a 2M antena, receier analogic/digital, etc... Now, I'm needing help to install it. I'm in Miami Area. Does anybody knows anyone that works with this type of services on my area ?

rsavassi said:
I Bought a kit from Brazil, with a 2M antena, receier analogic/digital, etc... Now, I'm needing help to install it. I'm in Miami Area. Does anybody knows anyone that works with this type of services on my area ?

You are going to need a bigger dish, 9 meters, yes meters, would be a minimum dish size, to MAYBE even get a peep of a signal.

The BrasilSats do not transmit outside of Brasil.

A 9 meter dish MAY give the Homeowner's Associations a wee bit of a problem :D

MKM, the way you worded that reminded me of that line in Jaws where Chief Brody says "We're going to need a bigger boat."

Tron said:
MKM, the way you worded that reminded me of that line in Jaws where Chief Brody says "We're going to need a bigger boat."

I love that line but I don't know enough people who also know it. So nobody ever gets the joke. (I gotta get some new friends.;) )

And in the end, they DID need a bigger boat :D

Sometimes I feel like bumming an unused 15' solid dish from a television station. I know where I could probably pick one up for free (remove and haul) if I really want it...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)