Help with BSC DMS 621 LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jmag487

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Cambridge, NY
Hi. I just setup one of the 6FT complete systems from Sadoun but I am having trouble with the right setup on the DMS 621 LNBF. I really am only interested in the FTA C Band stuff so do I need the dialectric plate that comes with it? And do I skip the jumper cable then for the KU? I got the MicroHD receiver with it and I just want to make sure I get all the settings right before I start struggling with aiming things. (Like should the LNB LO be set to 10750 or 5150) For now I will just use it stationary pointed to one satellite. Thanks for any help!
Jim

For C band only:
- LO = 5150
- use connector on side of LNBF. The one at the rear is for Ku
- leave OUT the dilectric slab. It's used for circular C band ONLY!

edit: ...uhhhh... which one satellite? ;)

You do not need the dielectric plate, it is for circular signals only.
If you use the BSC 621 to receive c-band only, hook your cable up where the little box is.
On the very top/end where your KU connection is there is a arrow casted into the metal . This arrow should point toward the 9 o'clock position if the dish would be pointed at your true south amd this would give you a skew of 0 degrees. If you would need a skew of 20 degrees for the sat you want, just turn your LNBF 20 degrees counter clockwise from your 9 o'clock position looking at your KU connector.
Let the Bsc 621 LNBF stick out pass the scalar about 1 inch and that should get you close enough to get you started to make your fine adjustments.
The LO for c band should be set to 5150.

I didn't have a lot of time last night to mess with it, but I was able to get 90% Signal Level and about 65% Signal Quality (on the MicroHD) but when I did the blind scan I only got 6 channels with French audio and pixellated video. Is that not enough signal quality? Thanks again, and I'm bummed about the CBC being gone.

Which transponder are you getting? Are you sure you're on 107?

I'm on an 8' Channelmaster looking at 107 TP 4140V 30000 at SL=90 SQ=77 on a microHD. This TP carries the CTV channels, and this should be an easy signal to grab.

I'm pretty sure I'm pointed at the right satellite. 9 transponders show up to choose from for the scan, so I'm not sure which one grabbed them, but I think it was the 4th one. I'll have to experiment some more tonight.

You may have to push the LNBF further in or out the scalar, or skew the LNBF some more either way until you get a higher Quality.
You may have to adjust your dish some more to get the Q up.
Remember to make very very small adjustments, then wait a little bit since it may take some time for the receiver to respond and then do some more adjustment if needed.
With a Q of 65 you should get a lot of channels on this satellite.

Did you set the skew right? visit dishpointer.com to get the info for your location.
It looks like that your aim is still off a little bit or you have to fine-tune your LNBF.

Last edited:
Did a little tweaking and was able to get the quality up to 75% or so. Then did a rescan and got a bunch more channels! I'm still bummed CBC isn't on anymore, but oh well. Now I just have to wait for the VBox that is on back order to get going on the other satellites. Thanks to all for your help. Great source for info!
Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts