Help with Channel Master 3040647

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am just getting started with FTA and have picked up a 39 inch ChannelMaster dish (former BJLinc dish) with the same type of setup. Just came across a dealer on eBay with 33 Coolsat 6000 receivers for $69.99 each with free shipping, free 4x1 DiSeqC switch and R232 straight modem cable. It also comes with a 1 year dealer guarantee.

Just wondering if this would be something good for me to start with. My only experience with satellite was setting up this same dish to receive the BJLinc feed at my son's school several years ago. I have checked my lines of sight for my location and have (I believe) a good view of several birds. Looking to start fixed on G18(G10R?).

Appreciate all the info I have found here since I discovered the forum when researching SA IPTV.

The dish is a great choice.
You saw above how to retrofit it.

A real Coolsat 6000 receiver should be dandy, too.
They stopped making/selling them about a year ago, so these are either old stock or clones.
For that price, a lot of us would be tempted to roll the dice.

Maybe others will have better info or stories to tell, so keep an open mind before deciding.

Thought I would add this for anyone trying to use the Channel Master for FTA.
Simple Green and a soft brush works real good for cleaning up the dish.

The Hughes LNB works great. It bolts up fine and it seems to be very sensitive.

The Elevation scale on the 3040647 was off 4 degrees (high). I really like the elevation screw on top. Makes elevation easy to adjust.

To my suprise signal strengths are almost identical to my Winegard 2076.
The dishes are about the same size though. I used the Mercury II on both dishes.

I am adding pictures for anyone interested.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Allen

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 163
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 172
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 174
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 175
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 153
. . . and I'm always a sucker for a nice picture of one of the molded commercial dishes!
Damned nice post ya got 'em on, too!

Thanks to ACradio for supplying the LNB!
You're a gentleman and a rascal! - :up

Glad you got it all up and running! The Channel Master dishes are great. Nice of ACRadio to send the Hughes!

If you had used the Dish FSS LNB from a Superdish, you would have needed to do the math for a stacked LNB (or use a blind scan receiver). If you ever want to connect multiple receivers, I would suggest that LNB, since you can split the output and have both horizontal and vertical transponders on all connected receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)