HELp with Chaparral Feedhorn

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Guys I could use some help. I bought this Chapparral feedhorn off E-bay. I thought I was getting a Polorotor but alas this feedhorn has non-adjustable
scalar ring. I am a newbie and I have never seen one of these. I got a Orbitron C-10 dish with a focal point of 36" When I bolt this feedhorn in it
measures 37 inches from my dish. There is no way to adjust it in or out and no way to rotate the LNB to the 11 O'clock position. Have any of you all seen
one of these. Should I try to hook everything up or just go buy something else.

Thanks for any input or advice.

Gray1

Gray1,

My first dish, back in 79 or 80 (and I still have it, but it's been upgraded several times over the years), had a Chapparral scaler ring simular to what you're talking about. The way it worked then was it mounted on a bracket shaped like a tuning fork where it was between the forks and the other end slid into a rotor which was used to get your vertical and horizontal polarities between the even and odd channels. There was no servo motors then. While in the rotor it could be adjusted up or down to get your best focal point. I know this isn't any help, but maybe you can understand how it might have worked 25 years ago. Things have improved quite abit since then. Back then you even had a crank to move you dish between the satellites. Like maybe 47 and 1/2 turns from Westar 5 to Galaxy 1. Those were the good ole days, but these are much improved.

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)