Help with chaparral LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Hi Guys
Can someone tell me the difference between a corotor and the corotor II lnb?
I have a chaparral corotor ( or C II ) I'm going to sell but I don't know the difference
for listing. I'm unloading my c-band dish for a mini c-band ( I allready have the dish) and I'm looking to get a bsc621 to play with.
Thanks Guys
rdel

Corotor is a type of feedhorn, it's not an LNB, but the LNBs do attach to it.

The Corotor has a single port for one C-band LNB.

The Corotor-II has two ports for both a C and Ku-band LNBs.

Both types of Corotor feedhorns use a polarotor servo motor (the blue box mounted on top) to set polarity.

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Thanks AWH
It's a corotor II with both ku and C band hookup,
rdel

awh said:
Corotor is a type of feedhorn, it's not an LNB, but the LNBs do attach to it.

The Corotor has a single port for one C-band LNB.

The Corotor-II has two ports for both a C and Ku-band LNBs.

Both types of Corotor feedhorns use a polarotor servo motor (the blue box mounted on top) to set polarity.

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--
Actually, the corotor is the older version of the C/Ku feed. The polarotor is the C-band only feed.

Lynskyn said:
Actually, the corotor is the older version of the C/Ku feed. The polarotor is the C-band only feed.

I believe you're both correct in a way. The servo motor used to adjust skew/change polarity used to be refered to as a polorotor, at least that's what I've always heard it called. It looks like Chaparral has always had a feehorn under that name. Perhaps it's one of those things where the name of the company to first manufacture the product becomes it's "household" name. Can't think of a good universal example.......but one that I'm familiar with is Ski-Doo.......people talk about going "ski-dooing" when they really mean snowmobiling. Ski-doo being the name brand of the first snowmobile.

My 2cents.

Thanks Guys
AWH
I tried to download the feedxy1.gif but I couldn't get the imageshack to respond.
can you list it some where else so I may look at it.
thanks
rdel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)