Help with current promotion

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mefromfl

Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
Hi, i'm looking into getting a new hd reciever from DTV. I just called them today, and the best they were able to offer me was the HD reciever with OTA antenna for 299$ with 2 years commiment and penalty if canceled. I thought that there was no penalty? can someone enlight me on this? Can i get better deal somewhere else?

wow, 99 views and no replys? Please some reply asap so i can make my decisions. I do not want to be lock in with dtv for 2 more years with a new hd reciever. From what i have read from other threads, it says no penalty if cancelled early, like they will just take their equipment back.

I believe that the cancel earlier - lost equipment only applied to their new stuff. A contract is something that they have always had. I the new MPEG-4 recievers are only selling for $199, not the $299 that they the old ones are. The only thing with this is that the release date is still unknown...it was supposed to be this month i believe. Call Robert at ValueElectronics.com and tell him you are member here. He will give you the best price and a discount for being a member here. His link is at the top of the page.

mefromfl said:
Hi, i'm looking into getting a new hd reciever from DTV. I just called them today, and the best they were able to offer me was the HD reciever with OTA antenna for 299$ with 2 years commiment and penalty if canceled. I thought that there was no penalty? can someone enlight me on this? Can i get better deal somewhere else?

The penalty is only for canceling and not returning the equipment within the 2 year agreement.

Chado said:
The penalty is only for canceling and not returning the equipment within the 2 year agreement.

man i'm getting diffrent people telling me stuff. I just got off with their CSR and she told me i have to stay with them for 2 years and keep my hd package for 2 years to not be penalized. Can someone enlight me on this issue?

I"m wanting to get a H10 hd reciever.

mefromfl said:
man i'm getting diffrent people telling me stuff. I just got off with their CSR and she told me i have to stay with them for 2 years and keep my hd package for 2 years to not be penalized. Can someone enlight me on this issue?

I"m wanting to get a H10 hd reciever.

I just called (as I'm looking into getting D* as well), and the CSR said that if everything was returned, there was no penalty.

what if i just cancelled the hd package? do i have to give all my equipment back?

yeah, if you buy the equipment yourself it is a one year thing...and no you do not need to keep the HD package. You only need to keep a minimum of Total Choice Programming...

You should just call Robert at VE, he will answer all these questions for you...he may even be able to sell you the other equipment (i.e. dish) if you are trying to avoid any commitment at all, but that would really not be worth it.

I knew August was coming up, and the prices/commitments were changing as well. So, I ordered HD service last week, and got s $250 credit from the $399 price for installation and OTA antenna. Total cost to me was $149.

I received the H10 and a non powered bat-wing antenna, with a one-year commitment, and installation (which, as it turns out, I could have done myself :p )

The new two year commitment, from what I've been told is only if you don't return the equipment, and it's also pro-rated if you decide to pay. However, I know starting in August, they were changing some of their other policies as well which may lead to CSR confusion.

Whomever you talk to about doing this, make sure you get the name and CSR employee number (whatever that is) to verify later in case of problems. I ended up having a huge issue with them not wanting to live up to the agreement I made with 4 different CSR's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)