Help with d12-300 / slimline AU9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

parisite

Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
missouri
I want to bring my dtv camping. I have a new slimline AU9 dish and a d12-300 reciever from the house. Do i need any more equipment? does it matter what plug i use on the LNB?

Thanks for any info

I want to bring my dtv camping. I have a new slimline AU9 dish and a d12-300 reciever from the house. Do i need any more equipment? does it matter what plug i use on the LNB?

Thanks for any info

Do you have a tripod ?
Cable run from the dish to the recvr ?

Take some advice, set up your dish at home first and get use to it, nothing worse than someone heading out and not be able to find the signal when you want to watch TV.

200 miles

So chances are that the local spotbeam may or may not extend to where your going.
Also, now that you have the dish pointed in your driveway, you have a good starting point for when you get there.
The elevation and the tilt should be pretty close, you can check on the co ordinates if you have a zip code of where your going but it should be real close.
Set it all up, out there make sure your tripod is level and plumb and go from there.
Should be just a case of pointing the azimuth at the sat. the rest is already there.

Thanks for any info

I don't know if it's too late but... you would be 1000 times better off with an 18" dual LNB dish. All you need is the 101 and it is SO much easier to deal with on a camping trip or tailgate setup. FWIW:cool:

Exactly, with a D12 receiver you won't get HD anyway, and 200 miles is probably out of the spotbeam for locals. You would be much easier setup using a basic 18" receiver. My camping setup (using it right now) is a block of wood with an 18" on it, sitting on the ground. My block is just some 2x4s cut to form a 2'x2' box, heavy enough the wind won't mess it up but it don't take much room. Very easy to aim, I judged south by the sun and had it at 94 signal in two minutes. Done it a few times though ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts