Help with DirecTV2PC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boss1197

Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
TN
Hello, sorry if this has been run into the ground but I searched and couldn't find anything. I've been having some trouble with DTV2PC. A little while back I had an older beta version that worked perfectly, but I formatted my computer and lost it. Yesterday I decided to download it again and now I get an error when I try to play pretty much anything.

"The video's audio is protected and requires an audio driver with HDCP support; changing the audio output to analog might allow audio playback." Is what it gives me.

It will play anything that's not in HD, and it will play one thing that I have that's in HD. I called DTV and they told me to update my graphics card drivers, so I did that and while I was at it I updated all my other drivers too, but I still the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What computer are you running it on, specifically is it a desktop or laptop and what graphics chip is in it?

Many laptops simply dont support HDCP, and except for the first few betas of directv2pc, the newer ones wont let you play anything thats high def or marked for hdcp protection.

You can play off-the-air stuff thats recorded and most SD content though.

If its a desktop, you can upgrade the video card in it to a newer model or a cheapo that does hdcp like the ati 3450 or 4350. If you're a gamer you'll want a lot more than that.

If its a laptop, you're SOL if you cant find one of the old beta copies.

Big problem in my household, since we have several perfectly good dual core laptops with older intel graphics chips in them that wont run anything except the old beta. My wife uses it on her laptop every day. If they cut off using the old beta or force an upgrade, she'll either need to buy a whole new computer or give up using directv2pc.

Basically this software wont work on about 50-60% of laptops in service right now. Maybe more than that.

It's a desktop that I built with a nvidia 9600gt in it. I'm about to give up on the new copy of DTV2PC, is there anywhere to download one of the old beta versions? If they do the force upgrade I guess I'll just be sol lol. Thanks for responding by the way

Hello, sorry if this has been run into the ground but I searched and couldn't find anything. I've been having some trouble with DTV2PC. A little while back I had an older beta version that worked perfectly, but I formatted my computer and lost it. Yesterday I decided to download it again and now I get an error when I try to play pretty much anything.

"The video's audio is protected and requires an audio driver with HDCP support; changing the audio output to analog might allow audio playback." Is what it gives me.

It will play anything that's not in HD, and it will play one thing that I have that's in HD. I called DTV and they told me to update my graphics card drivers, so I did that and while I was at it I updated all my other drivers too, but I still the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Same happened to me. The original version worked fine, but once I did the upgrade I get the same error message.

It's a desktop that I built with a nvidia 9600gt in it. I'm about to give up on the new copy of DTV2PC, is there anywhere to download one of the old beta versions? If they do the force upgrade I guess I'll just be sol lol. Thanks for responding by the way

The 9600 should work with the latest drivers but I think if you're using it with an analog vga connection it wont work. I think it has to be dvi or hdmi. You could put a 34xx or 43xx ati card in it for $20 and it'd work, but still I think it needs to be connected to an HDCP compliant display with hdmi.

This stuff just isnt made to run on the majority of hardware in peoples homes.

I havent found any place to download it but I havent looked really hard. I've kept a few copies kicking around on different machines in case I needed to reinstall it.

It would be outstanding if someone were to host a beta copy, one that does not require HDCP. Perhaps that would be an infringement of some sort. That way I could watch my recorded goodies in downstairs office from time to time. Oh well, my next PC may allow HDCP. My nVidia 7800 GS OC (BFG AGP) fails as it does not do HDCP.

It would be outstanding if someone were to host a beta copy, one that does not require HDCP. Perhaps that would be an infringement of some sort. That way I could watch my recorded goodies in downstairs office from time to time. Oh well, my next PC may allow HDCP. My nVidia 7800 GS OC (BFG AGP) fails as it does not do HDCP.

The software is copyright by directv and has portions of it copyright by cyberlink, so they'd have to agree with it. I know dbstalk and I think satguys were given permission to host copies of the s/w, but I think they're no longer permitted to offer the older betas.

If you want to look for it, its called 'directv2pc.exe' and its 34.1MB.

The software is copyright by directv and has portions of it copyright by cyberlink, so they'd have to agree with it. I know dbstalk and I think satguys were given permission to host copies of the s/w, but I think they're no longer permitted to offer the older betas.

If you want to look for it, its called 'directv2pc.exe' and its 34.1MB.

Thanks for the help. I've done a little digging but I can't seem to find a copy of the old beta. So I'll probably end up doing what you said and buy a cheap video card.

Just make sure your display can take an hdmi or dvi input from your new video card and that its hdcp compliant.

If your computer uses a pci express slot (rather than agp) this is a pretty good deal on what is pretty much the same card i'm using:

Newegg.com - MSI R4350-MD512H Radeon HD 4350 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

$19.99 shipped for an MSI card that uses the ATI 4350 gpu. Wont run any 3d high frame rate games but will run more modest older stuff well enough. Very good vista/aero support and will decode everything up to two concurrent blu-ray streams.

Works fine with the latest directv2pc. Computer runs around 5% cpu utilization and the gpu reports about 20% load. This card also has a passive cooler, so it adds no noise to the system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts