Help With Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
I guess its time to discuss dishes. I live in Missouri (63670). Would a small dish like
the Winegard 2076 be large enough for me. ( I do have a 150' run) I looked at the Sadoun site on dish size, but honestly cant make heads or tails of it.

What do you look for in a dish. I know the bigger the better, but there are too many of them. Do you go by namebrand? Do i look at the Db gain and judge by that?

Please give me a few pointers and thanks for helping us newbies

Thanks
allen

I use a Winegard 76cm dish here in MN and I get 99% of the channels that are up there. We have some issues on a couple satellites due to footprint where a larger dish would help :)

I just replaced a 36" dish with the Winegard 2076 and the signals were VERY similar, its not just about size its also quality. The fact that Winegard is American made is a factor many take into account these days, many don't.

You should have NO problems with the 2076 being so much further south than us in MN.

Attachments

• CorporateLogoBlueJPG.jpg
    CorporateLogoBlueJPG.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 85
I like American Made.. Im from old school..what do you all think about the Geosat pro90? Can I ask questions like that? I almost got banned asking questions like that in another forum. I didnt seen anything here against it in the posting guidelines.

Thanks
allen

I can vouch that the Winegard with an sg2100 with an invacom quad is a good setup to see most of the KU and DBS satellites from 148w to 30w... I'm in Missouri too! :)

You may want to check out the section of the forums dedicated to Equipment Reviews.

Last edited:
Is the Ivacom Single KU lnb a better choice than a standard KU lnb? I know the noice figure is lower so theres some advantage there.

thanks

All Invacoms are Universal (Apart from the quads) but other than that (Can't use a 22KHz switch) they are great low noise LNB's

Status
Please reply by conversation.