Help with Dishpointer App

steven .wegg

Feb 19, 2011
derby uk
Hi, i have a dish that i want to take camping with me so i purchased the Standard App form App Store. I am not so good with technology but hoped this would help. My screen shots do not look like those on the website. Can i be provided with instructions. i think i will need them, also how do you know whick satellite to choose?? I have the Touch V4 and standard app. cheers steve

lownote2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 14, 2007
I'm not familiar with your Touch phone, but their should be a menu within the program. This should be in the settings menu.

As far as what satellites to choose, that will be in the list. You do need to know what satellites you are looking for. A lot of people on here could help you answer what satellites to choose, but first we need to know what kind of satellite system you have.

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
The satellite you are interested in is 28.2E, that's where all the Sky channels are.

You need to use your iPod Touch in combination with a manual compass since the iPod does not have an internal compass.

1. Align yourself so that the manual compass reads about 150 degrees.
2. Start the app, go to horizontal reference mode, select manual compass and enter the compass reading, e.g. 150
3. Go back and select location. Choose manual Geocoordinates if the iPod cannot find your location through WiFi, and enter your latitude and longitude bearings in decimal format (you can get them from dishpointer.com, bottom left underneath the map, for your address).
4. Go to the camera view and hold the phone up towards the sky.
5. Make sure that the red dot for 28.2E is on the clear sky, not on a building or tree, otherwise you will need to find another location for your dish.
6. Aim the dish at that point, bear in mind that you have an offset dish, so the dish will appear to be pointing roughly at the horizon.

Hope this helps

steven .wegg

Feb 19, 2011
derby uk
Brilliant thank u. My longitude starts with a minus does it matter that I can't input the minus. Also there are options for north east south west on the app next to lat and long but on dishpointer.com its not given which to choose. Do I make sense? Many thanks think I am almost there

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Negative longitude is West. Positive latitude is North.

Tony Fisher

Feb 21, 2011
Sydney Australia
Guys, I have Dishpointer AR Pro. It is great. - Has a bit of a problem close to the equator though.. Seems to get confused.
My question is - How do I take a photo from within AR Pro on my iPhone4 ? That is with the satellite Arc and selected satellites superimposed on the photo.
Hope this is possible and I have just overlooked it... but I can't seem to find it on the app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)