Help with do it yourself install??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

porter6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2007
Mattoon, IL
Hello all,
Hopefully someone can help me here. I have the new DirecTV 5-LNB dish and am trying to install it myself. I have an H-20 receiver with a Zinwell 6 by 8 switch. I think I am on the right track but my problem is that I am a little confused about the 99 & 103 satellites. I have a 71 SS on 101, 68 on 119, and 64 on 110. On 99 Network 10 and 11 I have nothing. On 103 Network 14 I have 50, and on Network 15 I have nothing. Does this have something to do with the satellite not being launched yet or is this normal. I know that my 101,110,and 119 seem a little low, but I thought that maybe with 5 LNB's that was a compromise. Any tips that could point me in the right direction would be appreciated, THANKS!!

The current satellites at 99 and 103 have only spot beams. Unless you are located within the spot (in which case you should get 90+), you will see low numbers or zero.

Given that, those numbers do look a bit low. Do you have the latest software update on your H20 (some earlier versions used a different scale)? Did you carefully follow the alignment procedure in the dish instructions?

Yeah, I have set the AZ, SK, and EL and this is the highest I can get. I should mention that I am not using the Slimline dish, but rather the more squared reflector with separate LNB assembly...maybe the older version of the AU-9??

Yeah, I have set the AZ, SK, and EL and this is the highest I can get. I should mention that I am not using the Slimline dish, but rather the more squared reflector with separate LNB assembly.

Those numbers are low, although that could be due to the H20, like Bob said. Where are you located? Again, like Bob said, if you aren't in the right location, you will get little or no signal. Not all areas are receiving signals from 99 and 103.

Porter6
Work on getting your signal strength up on 101 and 119. Get them up to mid 80's or better yet in the 90's, and 99 & 103 will fall in to place:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)