Help with Filezilla, downloading files from AZBOX to PC

sonyajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 15, 2009
New Mexico
WE Need a little help

This is my first attempt at copying the 3 files from AZBOZ to my PC using the revised instructions that are so valuable and thanks to many is very helpful

Have successfully connected to the AZBOZ

Have found the 3 remote files in DISK2 (all_channel.dat, antenna_list, and DVB.dat)

When I click on any one of those 3 files, the filezilla instructions say to right click the file, (to download). When I right click it the "download: command is "grayed" out, so I cannot do this

Need help from anyone that uses Filezilla
Thank you very much

Sonya,

Don't use the "DOWNLOAD" button in FileZilla. Instead, highlight the file you desire and right click on it to open the drop down menu. Click on "ADD FILES TO QUE".
The file or files you select will appear in the que at the bottom of the screen. You can hold the CTRL key down and click on each of the three files so that you can transfer them all at one time.

In the left panel for your PC files, drill down to the location or folder where you want to install the files. Then, click on TRANSFER in the toolbar at the top of the screen and click on PROCESS QUE.
The files will be transferred quickly.

RADAR

NOTE: It is best advised to use the AZBox Control Center (ACC) to send the files back to the AZBox. The file DVBS.dat is retained in the folder DISK1 as a backup. ACC is the only program that automatically opens that backup file and writes to it (it is normally write protected). ACC temporarily changes the attributes to make it writable.

If you don't do this, the information in the DVBS file in DISK1 folder will be as it was from the factory listing. This data tends to "leak" out under certain situations and confuses your desired (self created) satellite listings.

RADAR

Don't know about all that stuff but I use FileZilla on a daily basis working on my websites and AZBoxes and I've never seen any "grayed out" areas in the execute menus? Make sure you have the folder up in the LEFT pane that you want to RECEIVE these backup files. So if you single LEFT click the file on DISK2 that you want to copy does it turn a dark color letting you know it's selected for transfer? If that one is dark in color, then hold down the CTRL key and then SINGLE LEFT click on the other two files making all 3 dark. At this point you "should" be able to SINGLE RIGHT CLICK on any one of them then select "Download" from the drop down menu and those 3 files will be transferred to where ever you are in the left pane.

Thank you Lone Gunman, that did the trick, I now have the 3 files on my computer, We really appreciate it

Sonya,

This item from Lone Gunman "Make sure you have the folder up in the LEFT pane that you want to RECEIVE these backup files" may have been the key here. Possibly a very simple thing to overlook. I have never detected the "greyed out" option before, but I have also always selected the destination file/folder in the left panel for the PC just out of habit and that probably didn't register in my mind as a possible trouble point as I take it for granted. If that was it in your case, then I am sorry that it didn't dawn on me to address it.

Regardless, I am glad that you figured it out. Sometimes it takes an additional brain to clue in on the problem. Well done Lone Gunman! :)

I have always used the procedure that I stated previously (don't really know why - I just got into the habit of doing so). I went back and selected "DOWNLOAD" after selecting one file and it works just fine. Basically, the same procedure that you were trying at the start. All I can assume is that the destination folder or file was not selected or highlighted from the start. i.e. if it doesn't recognize the destination file or folder, it greys out the option because it doesn't allow you to send the files to oblivion. This is probably a good feature to have, I just didn't pick up on it.

RADAR

There's usually multiple ways of doing things with computers. Other ways aren't necessarily wrong if that's what you're use to doing but then again sometimes there is a quicker or easier way, which is one of the reasons we have boards like this one. In the end though it's all about what you feel comfortable doing that works for you!! ;-)

Oh, and Sonyajon you're very welcome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)