Help with Galaxy 19 pointing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MARATHON

Original poster
Mar 31, 2019
CANADA
Trying to point galaxy 19 my signal is always 52% and quality 0% .
1- Using V8 Finder to detect maximum signal, At Elevation and azimuth constant the Skew doesn't improve my signal.
So, I changed the altitude and azimuth to see and
2- Altitude and Elevation doesn't affect the signal. 52 to 54% and quality always 0% !
3- If I do a full scan on Galaxy 19
a list of channel is displayed after a full scan on galaxy 19
00007 gal 19 04c80 V 29850
00008 gal 19 04881 V 29990
Any idea to find what is wrong in my installation ?

Trying to point galaxy 19 my signal is always 52% and quality 0% .
1- Using V8 Finder to detect maximum signal, At Elevation and azimuth constant the Skew doesn't improve my signal.
So, I changed the altitude and azimuth to see and
2- Altitude and Elevation doesn't affect the signal. 52 to 54% and quality always 0% !
3- If I do a full scan on Galaxy 19
a list of channel is displayed after a full scan on galaxy 19
00007 gal 19 04c80 V 29850
00008 gal 19 04881 V 29990
Any idea to find what is wrong in my installation ?

Welcome to a new member!

But, what dish are you using? How big is it? Which LNBF are you using?

Are you already able to see other sats?

Or is this your first time?

I am a C_BAND guy myself, (sorry), but did you program in a known a good channel before searching?

But, what dish are you using? How big is it?
- 85 cm 36 inch offset satellite dish

Which LNBF are you using?
Avenger PLL321S-2 0.1dB Universal Ku-band PLL LNBF

Are you already able to see other sats ?Or is this your first time?
Yes, it's my first installation.

I am a C_BAND guy myself, (sorry), but did you program in a known a good channel before searching?[/QUOTE]
I googled the setup for Galaxy 19 and from Dishpointer site, I get Latitude (30 ), Azimuth (219 SW) and Skew 5:00 (needed only for Ku Band).

Thank you

Do you have the L.O. set in the V8 for the universal KU LNBF? It should be 9750-10600 22khz = Auto or ON

Do you have the L.O. set in the V8 for the universal KU LNBF? It should be 9750-10600 22khz = Auto or ON
1- LNBF is set to10750 , I will change it to 9750-10600
2- 22KH is at ON
I have Diseq1.0 and 1.1 set to Disable and LNB Power set to AUTO.
With your setup the scan of Galaxy 19 display a list of channels and "NO Program found" message

Well now you have the LNB set correct you can try and aim the dish again. Can't scan until you can lock on it. The 52% ~ 54% signal strength just means the LNB is working and picking up background noise.

Now that the LNB LO frequency is correct, here are some steps to locate 97w.

In order for the receiver to detect the satellite, select an active KU band frequency from the transponder list. I prefer to use 12152MHz, Horizontal - Polarity, 20000 - Symbol Rate. This transponder is not duplicated on nearby satellites and will make 97w easier to identify.

Identify a landmark in the distance that lines up with the magnetic compass reading for the 97w satellite based on your location. With a small TV next to the dish and while watching the Signal Quality meter reading, SLOWLY pan up to 15 degrees East and 15 degrees west of the identified landmark. If no Signal Quality reading is detected, increase or decrease the dish elevation in one degree increments and SLOWLY pan the +/- 15 degree range while watching the Signal Quality meter reading. Repeat until a SQ reading is detected and the reading optimized. Once the SQ reading is optimized, perform a blind scan of 97w.

The directions that you provided from Dishpointer.com do not make sense. Instead of 30 degrees Latitude, did you instead mean 30 degrees elevation for the dish angle?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)