Help with HD not working with XBOX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Good day, I just joined after picking up my xbox system. Seems years since my first Nintendo .

Anyway, I have a 50 inch Lcos Olivea Sytex rear projection that is new and HD. I currently use the components from my HD Dish 622 reciever thru my Onkyo HD switching reciever. I have no problems in native or full mode 1080I or 720 HD watching my satellite.

My Xbox premium system has HD cable with switch in HD mode plugged into my component input (correct red,blue,green verifyed) on my switching reciever that is outputed to my correct settings (as verifyed with satellite signal) to my tv.

When I go to Xbox settings it is defaulted to 480p and working. When I choose 780 or 1080 I get a dark garbled picture. Kinda like if I have my DVD set on proggressive instead of interlaced setting. It will not work on HD apparently.

Yes the TV is set to native. I have also tried full and other settings. and still no picture. The Tv itself does not give a choice for HD settings. Just the Full, Native ect.

I know my HD works perfect with my Satellite or off air HD signal. Am I missing a step here???

Thank you!

I would try plugging into the reciever where the dish box is. That way you can rule out the receiver being the issue. Or even plug it directly to the TV and see what you get. I'm not familar with your receiver but is there anysetup you need to do to that to have it output the signal like setting that input to 720p or 1080i.

I know some Tv's will not except 720p like the older mitsu RPTV so both the xbox and receiver would have to be set to 1080i.

Unplug the HD Cable from the back of the XBox and plug it back in. Sometimes a flaky connection can be a cause of problems. Make sure the switch is on HD on the cable AND that you go into the settings menu and change the settings to 1080i and widescreen.

You may have already done this. Also, try resetting to factory settings to see if that might clear out any error condition that may have corrupted things on the XBox360.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts