Help with install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lilexecutioner

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
Chicago, IL
Ok guys this is what i have

Dish 1000
Dish 300@ 61.5
DPP44

vip 622
811 Ver p380

I am trying to hook up the 811 to my upstairs bedroom. (never had dish up there) Well the way the cable runs around the house to get there it seems like its going to hit the 100ft mark but i dont think it will. Now i plugged everything in, i did the check switch and everything was fine. well when i started channel surfing i got nothing but a blank screen. But when i went into the signal screen i was on 110 transponder 22. so i thought let me look for 110 channels only. When i went to the channels i got a picture. but when i went off to another channel like lets say 129 or 119 Nothing. could this be because of the distance, and if so is there any way to help that out? Thanks.

Hi!

Four things.
1. The length of the cable (in my experience) is just fine. Have you checked the connections, quality of cable, possible damage to cable?
2. Have you swapped the 811 location and tried it at one of the other spots that you know is working? Are the others working properly?
3. What port on the DPP44 do you have the power inserter plugged into? If at all possible, could you swap the port that the 811 is plugged into? There should be one open port with your set-up..
4. Have you checked the software version? Force it to take a download...

The 811 is compatible with the DPP 44 switch...It is not compatible with the 129. MPEG4.

Hope any of this helps...Perhaps someone else might have some more suggestions!

Good Luck!
Jen

Ok its plugged into port 4, power inserter is plugged into port 1. i will try later to see if its the cable distance. but that's the only thing i can think of.

When you connected the 811 to your system did you remove the power to the power inserter?

Many a DPP44switch has fallen victem to electrical "blow out" this way.

How long has this 811 been offline? It could use a software download if it's been awhile. Can you tell us the software version (menu / 6 / 1 / 3)?

If you will, please run another checkswitch and report.

sat - sat - sat - sat (should be 119, 110, 129, 61.5)
ok? ok? ok? ok?

Also list the switch detected (at the top) DPP44 switch there?

Other than that, satprincess's advice is right on target.

Turd Fergeson said:
How long has it been since the 811 was hooked up? it may need to be re-activated.

Doh! :eek:

Can I blame Lilexecutioner's Avatar as a distraction? :yikes

uh....On the check switch screen on the 811...It does not recognize the 129 satellite...I believe...So, don't be suprised if you don't see it on the matrix at the end of the test. I can't remember, as people are just ditching their 811's left and right with the 411/211 u/gs available with the d1000 install. Anyone else remember? I'm having intaller-itis right now... :)

So, having said that the 811 isn't compatible with the 129, you will not be able to watch those HD channels there anyway...Bummer!

Let us know!
Jen

PS - I just asked about the power inserter port because the first one I ever laid my hands on....um.....had an accident....LOL (that will just be our little secret....!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts