Status
Please reply by conversation.

playyymaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 11, 2005
Vancouver, Canada
Gentlemen,

I finally installed my sg2100 motor yesterday with my StarChoice oval dish.
My true south is G10 (123) and I can see that one, but I can't seem to find any other sats. Lost my Gol TV, super low quality.
I am using the diseqC switch and the motor moves fine.
I reinstalled my pole as plumb as possible.
I can't find the Fortec Lifetime Ultra manual to figure out what I am doing wrong.
Any ideas?

Thanks
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I think it may be that you are using a double/twin LNBF, is that still the case?

Yes, but only using the center one connected to port #1.
My second LNB (DTV) is strapped to the first one and connected to the diseqC port #2

Let me clarify,
The Starchoice has 2 single lnbs. I am using the one on the left as per Ice's instructions connected to diseqC #1.
My DTV Lnb is strapped to the right of it and connected to diseqC #2

finally figured out how to use the USALS on the receiver and was able to lock on IA5, but I don't like any channels in it.
I tried to lock 87W but it doesn't work.
So far I can see 123W and 97W (low quality)

nothing else.
Do I need a bigger dish?

I also lost my Gol TV for some reason.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Thanks

GolTV (one of my favorites) should be pretty strong signal if you can see 123W. You may also want to check your elevation setting on the motor to see if it is tracking correctly.

Remember one side of the motor is marked Latitude and the other has Elevation!

I set the latitude to 49 (which is my latitude in Vancouver BC) as per the instruction booklet. Never even looked at the elevation side.
I also set the dish declination to 22.8 as per the booklet.
Once I finished I was surprised to get G10R right away with no adjustments needed. Later I adjusted it to peak the signal moving the whole assembly right to left and the dish bracket elevation. I left tilt at 0 since G10R is my true south.
I don't understand why GolTV is no longer strong if the position of the dish is the same as before. I can only blame the diseqC or motor. My other concern is that my dish is 32" oval and may not be big enough for the other sats.

By the way PSB, thanks for all your replies.

sounds like your arc is off a bit. Try to get something off of SBS 6 or even T6. T6 has a few pretty strong transponders, that might be your best bet. I have adjusted my mounting pole a billion times to get it as close to perfect as possible, so plumb means plumb. Also, the oval dishes aren't the best for this type of thing, I would suggest bigger is better. 30" minimum for your area. I'm a bit farther north and east of you (Calgary) and 30" is a minimum for sure. Have fun.

Remember that GolTV is on 110w, a circular polarized satellite. The linear LNBF won't receive it correctly. Also, I'm not sure how well a multi-LNB dish works on a motor, since these are designed to be fixed-mounted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts