help with motorola dsr 920

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fj45lvr

Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I have a 922 that I have not used for a year and I went to use it and it is not responding to anything and only lights up all the display lights in front and the all the spots in the digital windows but does not turn on or off....it only lights up after being plugged in. Anyone have any idea what is going on???

I delved a little deeper and found out that the battery in the module board had burst and was completely detached from the board....however with the module removed the unit only lights up and does nothing else.....someone has told me that they should boot up without the module and that I have a damaged motherboard. If anyone can confirm this I would appreciate it.

thanks

J

Last edited:
The 922 will bootup without a videocipher module installed. However, there may have been some damage done when the battery leaked. Did it leak onto the motherboard? Also, if the module battery leaked then the battery on the motherboard may have died and leaked causing damage. Something to check.

sounds brain dead

fj45lvr said:
I have a 922 that I have not used for a year and I went to use it and it is not responding to anything and only lights up all the display lights in front and the all the spots in the digital windows but does not turn on or off....it only lights up after being plugged in. Anyone have any idea what is going on???

I delved a little deeper and found out that the battery in the module board had burst and was completely detached from the board....however with the module removed the unit only lights up and does nothing else.....someone has told me that they should boot up without the module and that I have a damaged motherboard. If anyone can confirm this I would appreciate it.

thanks

J

Sorry to say...but your 922 sounds like ITS battery is gone too....that causes it to lose its secutity codes and it is brain dead.

As the others indicated....whatever took out your "module" battery probably also took out the 922!

Anyone remember all my preaching about bursting lithium batteries?)

There is a firm that repairs them (new MB's) but it is expensive! (forgot the name...but others here have it if you ask or are interested)
Jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts