Help with my new Directivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

masdumas

Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Chicago, IL
Hi. I'm new here and I sure that people have asked this before. i just bought a new condo and with it I got directv with tivo in 2 rooms and a standard receiver in room 3. When the installer came, he only gave me one output from the dish because he couldn't drill into the outside walls (Homeowners association). How can I use both tuners in my tivo boxes. what do i need to buy and how do i set it up.

thanks in advance

Without running a seperate line, you would need a stacker/destacker setup, those can be pricey (someone on here mentioned 300 dollars and up (USD).

You would have to use the dual destacker setup for the tivos, since you would need 2 coax runs to each tivo (one dual destacker for each tivo).

And a single destacker for the non-tivo.

Here is a link that gives a good explanation and some pricing info on the stacker/destacker setup.

http://www.9thtee.com/dssstuff.htm

He should have given you a multiswitch with enough ouputs to connect up all of you receivers input which if I count right should be 5. How handy are you with tools. You should be able to do the rest of installation your self if you have a drill. If he didn't you should have them come out and give you a multiswitch with enought outputs whether you use them now or not. After all that is what you are paying for.

It's not elegant, but you can sometimes run satellite cables through the edge of a window using a 'flat coax' ribbon gizmo - put the words flat coax rg6 into Google search or Ebay window and you can find them easily.

video62 said:
It's not elegant, but you can sometimes run satellite cables through the edge of a window using a 'flat coax' ribbon gizmo - put the words flat coax rg6 into Google search or Ebay window and you can find them easily.
flats have been found to have caused fires, however, usually only when used through an active window, but do beware . . throughput can be compromised as well, as the center conductor on the flat itself is about 30 gauge wire . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts