Help With Ota!!

nnicko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Disconneted the box last night and reconnected today. I get the voom screen but that's it. I disconnected my OTA cable (separate cable-not split) from the box and connected it directly to my tv but it won't pull in my locals. This is a very good ($250-$300) antenna that Voom installed. I must be doing something wrong because a good antenna like this surely should pick up my locals. Whether they would pick them up in sd or hd I don't know because I don't know if the local stations send their hd signal to a sat or not.

Thanks for any help. REALLY GONNA MISS VOOM!!!! :river

Connect your antenna cable back to the VOOM stb. You should be able to get OTA channels through the VOOM stb.

right. If it's a powered antenna it will need to get its power from the voom box. (I think)

nnicko said:
Disconneted the box last night and reconnected today. I get the voom screen but that's it. I disconnected my OTA cable (separate cable-not split) from the box and connected it directly to my tv but it won't pull in my locals. This is a very good ($250-$300) antenna that Voom installed. I must be doing something wrong because a good antenna like this surely should pick up my locals. Whether they would pick them up in sd or hd I don't know because I don't know if the local stations send their hd signal to a sat or not.

Thanks for any help. REALLY GONNA MISS VOOM!!!! :river

yeah you should hook it back to the voom box you need power going back to your antenna or you will need a power supply connected to get power to the antenna if you want to bypass the voom box.

t

compson said:
Connect your antenna cable back to the VOOM stb. You should be able to get OTA channels through the VOOM stb.

WORKED LIKE A CHARM!! THANKS!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)