Help with PTAT

cditty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Northeast Louisiana
I have searched, but can't seem to find how to change my Primetime Anytime settings since the initial setup... Days, times, etc...

Can someone point me in the right direction. For instance, on CBS on Sunday, I need to extend it since my shows are getting clipped because they are late from football.

I have searched, but can't seem to find how to change my Primetime Anytime settings since the initial setup... Days, times, etc...

Can someone point me in the right direction. For instance, on CBS on Sunday, I need to extend it since my shows are getting clipped because they are late from football.
No way to extend PTAT settings. The way I get around the issue since I have had Hoppers is with a manual weekly timer. I have a weekly timer for CBS set to fire at 10 PM CST to 11:59 PM CST every Sunday. It saved my a-- last nite for CSI Cyber.

Yeah CBS sucks on Sunday nights during football season. I don't know why they just don't start the football games an hour earlier, instead of going over an hour every Sunday night during primetime. What would we lose,except some weekend daytime tv.

I dont think the NFL cares about what you watch, as long as you are watching the NFL. Would moving games back an hour cause more people to watch football? If not, then no point in changing their schedules for non football fans to watch unrelated programming. CBS is not going to say anything, as they pay huge money to be able to have the rights. If they threaten to give it up, one of the other stations will gladly step up and take their spot for what they pay.

It is strange how PTAT works sometimes. Sunday nite even though the CBS football game ran over time, 60 minutes played in its entirety. Didn't have to watch the next program to finish it up. But, CSI Cyber did not. Had to use my 10 PM CST manual timer recording to finish it up. Why can't it extend out like 60 minutes did?

If they would just do like they did in the distant past and join 60 minutes in progress all the rest of the nights shows would start on time.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If they would just do like they did in the distant past and join 60 minutes in progress all the rest of the nights shows would start on time.
So would starting the football games one hour earlier than they do now. Then you would be able to show your entire primetime schedule without time changes that lead to timers being messed up. Sundays are the death of most prime time shows that CBS puts in that 9:00pm/10:00pm time slot.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So would starting the football games one hour earlier than they do now. Then you would be able to show your entire primetime schedule without time changes that lead to timers being messed up. Sundays are the death of most prime time shows that CBS puts in that 9:00pm/10:00pm time slot.
Yep, I hear ya. CBS is our favorite. The CBS 10 PM CST manual timer on Sunday nites sure has saved me bunches from the wife coming down on me! I use to have the CBS manual timer set for during the week too in case our dear President decided to interrupt our programs. That got me in hot water too several times.

Last edited:
We usually just set a timer for the local news at 11 and whatever nonsense drivel show is on after the news. That usually covers us. It is a pain in the neck though.

The problem for that is that you get the 10 pm Central news everyday and in my case Andy Griffith reruns 20 times a week. A manual timer is much better.

Also, they cannot start the football game an hour earlier, since there is a noon game that runs until at least 3PM Central.

The problem for that is that you get the 10 pm Central news everyday and in my case Andy Griffith reruns 20 times a week. A manual timer is much better.

Also, they cannot start the football game an hour earlier, since there is a noon game that runs until at least 3PM Central.
Instead of setting a manual timer, why not set the recording up to record once per week, instead of all episodes?

Two solutions. Set a regular timer for the CBS show with the extra time added and restore the "skipped because of PTAT" timer each week. Better, just turn PTAT off on Sundays. The "record all 4 channels on one tuner" and "autoskip" will still be available. Your timers will then add the extra time you specify with no hassle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)