Help with RV setup

dsurette

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Ooltewah, TN
I am so glad to have found this forum. I really need some help. We are Dish subscribers and a couple of weeks ago upgraded to HD. The installer replaced out Super dish with a Dish 1000 along with a ViP622 receiver. We also have a PVR 508 and two Dish 311 receivers.
The installer left the Super dish but he took the LNB or LNB's that were attached.
I would like to be able to receive Dish programming in our RV. I am planning on getting a Bullseye portable dish mount.
I have been trying to figure out how to get everything working together but the more I read, the more confused I get about LNBs, switches, dishes and whatever else I will need.
Can I use the Super dish that the installer left, and if so, which LNB should I get in order to use one of our Dish 311 receivers?
Do I need a switch?
The installer put a DPP44 power inserter on our PVR 508. Do I need to get one of those?
Would it be easier to just buy a dish with LNB installed and if so, which one?
There are probably more questions that I should be asking, so please let me know whatever else needs to be answered.
Thanks in advance.
Dave

Your are going to want to get a Dish 1000 Pro dish. That dish receives 119/110/129. Otherwise a Dish 500 Pro for receiving 119/110. The 500 Pro will give some HDTV. Satellite 129 has the rest.

Most RV's have a single satellite coax feed into the RV, if there is one at all. The Cable coax feed usually goes to the roof antenna amplifier and is not easily usable.

You will need two coax feeds into the 622. So you can have two thru-wall coax feeds or get a Dish splitter to take the single from the

Both the 1000 Pro and 500 Pro have switches built into the LNBFs.

Thank you dfergie and Brussam for your replies. I went ahead and ordered a Dish 500 pro+. I haven't decided yet if we will be taking the 622 or one of the 311's when we go out. I think the 622 will be easier to have two sets running. Once I get the dish I will have some time to see if I can get it set up before we go to Maine.
Thanks again for the replies. I am quite sure that you will be hearing from me again. I don't know why I am having problems figuring this out. I worked for 31 years for a company called Varian servicing linear accelerators and that seemed simple compared to this.
Dave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)