help with SA 8300HD

stevebk

Original poster
Mar 31, 2006
Hi,
I'm new here and I was hoping someone can help me. I have the scientific atlanta explorer 8300HD box from adelphia hooked up HDMI to HDMI to my Sony KV34HS420 TV. The problem I am having is that whenever I turn off the TV and cable box, it loses my settings for which resolutions I want (480i,480p,1080i,etc.) and only shows things in 480. This means that any time I want to watch something in high def, I need to go through the setup (pushing guide + info on the STB).
Has anyone else experienced this and knows how to fix it so that it doesn't lose the settings?

That's surprising that it's not giving you at least an HD picture as that is the default... to output everything in 1080i. One thing you might try, in the settings menu (hit the settings button twice on the remote), under Picture Format, play with those different formats: Fixed, Passthrough, Upconvert1, Upconvert2. Follow this link to a Cox Cable discussion forum in San Diego for more info: http://hdtv.forsandiego.com/messages/3/3076.html.

I don't use HDMI myself, but there may be another setting in the settings menu to tell it you are using the HDMI vs. component (or maybe I'm just thinking of the audio settings). It may also be your TV's settings as well.

If all else fails and you don't get your answer on this forum, query the discussion forum at the link above. These guys know everything about the 8300.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)