Help with satellite coordinate for football game

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CraptorMan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
I have a Sonicview 8000HD, 36" dish with a QPH-031 lnb on a motor. Can anyone explain the following info and if I should be able to watch this game.

The following are satellite coordinates for Saturday's game between Montana and Cal Poly. Kickoff is slated for 7:05 p.m. (MTN) at Alex G. Spanos Stadium in San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Satellite coordinates:

AMC 15, 105 deg W.
Transponder K02
Slot A9
Downlink Frequency 11726.5Mhz
SR: 6.148936
FEC: 3/4

Not sure what the Transponder K02 and Slot A9 means. Also the frequency and symbol rate have more numbers than my receiver allows. Thanks for info.

H

yes you will be able to watch the game

Can anyone tell me if there is anything on this transponder right now (or any transponder for that matter) on AMC 15. I can't get any quality on this sat. On Anik F1 (107.5) I can get a quality of 44.

the feed will come up about 1/2 hour before game time...thats how feeds work :)

but since we dont talk about feeds in the main area here is a TP that is up 24/7..nothing on it that we can see but its good for aiming

12173 H 17780

Last edited:
I have a Sonicview 8000HD, 36" dish with a QPH-031 lnb on a motor. Can anyone explain the following info and if I should be able to watch this game.

The following are satellite coordinates for Saturday's game between Montana and Cal Poly. Kickoff is slated for 7:05 p.m. (MTN) at Alex G. Spanos Stadium in San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Satellite coordinates:

AMC 15, 105 deg W.
Transponder K02
Slot A9
Downlink Frequency 11726.5Mhz
SR: 6.148936
FEC: 3/4

Not sure what the Transponder K02 and Slot A9 means. Also the frequency and symbol rate have more numbers than my receiver allows. Thanks for info.

Well, I was never able to get any signal on AMC15 for this game. Today there is another game on here right at this moment but I can't get any signal from this sat. I tried the data transponders mentioned by Iceberg and Quert1515 but don't get anything. I get decent quality on sats from Nimiq 1 (92 deg) through Galaxy 18 (123 deg). There are no obstructions through this arc but I can't get the one sat I want. Is a QPH-031 lnb not the correct one for this sat? Or am I not in the footprint for this sat. I'm located in the northeast corner of Montana. From what I have found both answers are yes.

I've removed everything between the receiver and lnb but still no luck with this sat. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks

its there 10- 0 :)
make sure your LO is correct at 10750
if your using a diesqc switch it would be the one from the L side of the QPH031

The LO is 10750. I also removed my diseqc switch and only have coax between the receiver and lnb (L side). Maybe a vent on a neighbors house is in the way. I'm about to move the whole assembly to a different spot. What are the odds the spot I pick has a problem with the sat I want to hit. :rolleyes: Thanks for the info.

Thanks Anole! Great tip. Well my neighbors roof vent is 20 degrees lower than the sat. Now I don't have to move anything:D. Don't know what else to look at though:confused:.

Thanks Lak7, I got some quality but it's in and out. Scanned that transponder and got some AMC-15 channels!

I can get a quality of 30-31 but it goes in and out at random. This makes me think it's a hardware issue but on AMC4 (101) and AnikF1 (107.3) my quality is around 50 but does not go in and out. Works fine on those sats. My cable run is no more than 125ft. I might take the receiver out to the garage were the dish is and try a short run cable.

Thanks to everyone for their replies!

Hooray! Thanks Lak7. I removed the two lnb arm supports and it appeared one was bent, tweaking the lnb support arm and dish. Now I get Q of 50 without tweaking anything yet. All other sats almost doubled in Q. Man it's easy to find them now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts