Help with setting IA5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kwik

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Hi,
im having a hard time setting the dish to IA5, i can only get an ok signal at fre 12090 42%, but i can't get a signal on the other frequnces any i dea why? i used ferq 12.090 set it up, im using 76 cm wingard dish, and smart lnb that i got from over seas.

What brand and model is your receiver, card or USB? What is the LO frequency of the LNBF? What is the LO frequency set to on the receiver? What is your zip code? Have you rotated the LNBF to the proper Skew?

Are you using existing coax cable or new? Any splitters or switches?

Is that 42% signal strength, or 42% signal quality ?
Can you scan the 12090 transponder and pick up channels ?
Which channels?

ALSO, Smart LNB is a "Universal LNB" and so, your setup in the receiver for IA5 should include selecting the "Universal LNB" choice (or if it doesn't have that, you need to set L.O. Frequency Low Band: 9.75GHz
L.O. Frequency High Band: 10.6GHz)

im using lawernce also from over seas. i set the lnb where it should be and the lowest fre im using is 11789 V. i have 42 strength and 45 quilty. i do pick up about 9 chines channels i think, other frequnces are at 25-29% strength level and the lnb is set to univ

It depends where you are located and the size of the dish you have. Could you tell us where you are located? Your 76CM dish is too small if you live in the NE or NW of the USA.

i live in romeoville,IL actually i used a samller dish once before and i had 57% strength level, i took it off for about 8 months, and i decided to put 76cm i thought i would get a better signal.

My guess is that your dish is actually ponted at 101 degrees West.
There is a transponder there which might lock in to "12090" but be low quality because it really isn't (it's slightly higher freq). It has several Asian channels, Vietnamese, etc. There is also a transponder there slightly higher than 11789.

Remember that your receiver cannot tell whih satellite it is pointed at.

Try moving your dish slightly east and then change the elevation just a tiny amount one way and then the other.

PS The real 97 degrees West has a couple hundred TV channels, and 12090 has mostly Persian and African channels.

Last edited:
i tried doing that with no luck, im begining to think that the lnb doesn't go along with dish, i might be wrong

well now ive made alittle improvement but not much. i switched back to my smaller fortec dish, i get a good signale on Verticale Freq but ican't seem to get any signal on Horizantale the highest was 32% ?? im thinking about changing to a different LNB brand?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts