help with setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fj45lvr

Original poster
Aug 4, 2005
I have moved out of the city and wanted to blow the dust off of my old c-band dish.

My question is can I use my cband dish and Ird to move my large dish and then use a pansat 2500 to watch the the DVB digital stuff?? What kind of LNB is necessary for the old dual feedhorn for both the C and KU with the KU cable connected to the 2500? OR do you have to skip the old feed horn and mount a different lnb/feedhorn?? next to the cband or do they sell kits for this?

It seems to view the most channels you have to move the dish. The BUD will be able to catch most of the satellites I am quessing for the pansat being moved by programming the stops for my old vcII+ IRD???

Where is there a compilation of the all the free and open channels that are available to the pansat 2500??? I have seen lyngsat...are all channels listed as DVB free and clear??

Thanks

JB

You could actually control the BUD indirectly with the Pansat using a device called a V-Box. It converts DiSEqC commands from the Pansat to the 36 volt actuator signals used on a BUD. I'm not sure how much this device costs, I've seen the V-Box II for $80. The Pansat 2700 outputs polarity motor voltage to control polarity on the BUD, not sure if the 2500 does though...

Depending on how old your LNBs on the BUD are, you might consider replacing them with modern, lower noise figure ones, but that's probably not necessary.

Some of the guys here who use BUDs might have more suggestions...

fj45lvr said:
Where is there a compilation of the all the free and open channels that are available to the pansat 2500??? I have seen lyngsat...are all channels listed as DVB free and clear??

Thanks

JB

A great list is at www.ftalist.com I find it a little more useful than Lyngsat for finding things I can actually watch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)