Help with SG2100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pachosiko

Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
My SG2100 motor lost power after less than one year use, so I have opened the housing and found resistor R16 so badly burned that I couldn't see the bar code. In a previous discussion about the relays on the control board I found some nice pictures fo this control board, but the shadow prevents me to get the colors of the rings on this resistor. Does anyone know what the colors are starting with the ring under digit 6 of the label R16?

Many thanks for your help! BTW, the relays are likely Reed type with contacts sealed in a glass capsule. Just replace them with any 12V Reed relay that can handle 2A DC and 1A AC current (parameters clearly seen on the pictures).

I have the circuit board removed from my SG2100 and waiting on a new relay. The resister on my board labeled as R16 is color coded Brown/Black/Brown with gold as the tolerance band. If I remember my color coding correctly that would be 1 for brown and 0 for black and the second brown would be the multiplier of ten so the value would be a 100 ohm resiter with a tolerance of 1%. Looks to be an 1/8 watt resister, you may want to replace with 1/4 watt if you can fit it in.

To make sure we have the same boards my board is labeled as DXM-7000-1 Revision1. R16 is just above connector CN1 and between diode D5 and resister R1.

Just noticed your remark about the relay. I actually have the pdf file for the relay, and it is a simple relay. The problem I have had finding a replacement is the special pin out of the relay block. The cheapy ones from Radio Shack will not fit unless I want to add some lead length and reconfigure. Attached the pdf for the relay.

Attachments

• S2.pdf
    576.4 KB · Views: 163
Many thanks! To me it also looked 10 Ohms, but due to the burning I wasn't sure. It's possible to fit larger resistor but I used the same size, let it serve a bit as a fuse in case some other problem is overloading it. Indeed, the new resistor burned immediately, so there is certainly some active component gone, prime suspect now is what looks as a power transistor but could be a voltage regulator. Just wondering if someone has the circuit. And yeah, it's the same board. Now my best option is probably to buy a new control board.

Anyway, thanks again for the help!

I have the circuit board removed from my SG2100 and waiting on a new relay. The resister on my board labeled as R16 is color coded Brown/Black/Brown with gold as the tolerance band. If I remember my color coding correctly that would be 1 for brown and 0 for black and the second brown would be the multiplier of ten so the value would be a 100 ohm resiter with a tolerance of 1%. Looks to be an 1/8 watt resister, you may want to replace with 1/4 watt if you can fit it in.

To make sure we have the same boards my board is labeled as DXM-7000-1 Revision1. R16 is just above connector CN1 and between diode D5 and resister R1.

Found it! Burned out HF blocking capacitor in the supply line C11 that is 100 nF. Replaced C11 and R16, now the motor works again just fine.

So far didn't go all the way to extract the schematics, simple check of the power supply components and a few measurements were sufficient.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)