Help with some 622 questions

sumasquadsumas

Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Greetings and salutations.
I want to hook up 2 HDTV's in my house. TV 1 is (most used) in LR and is HDTV. TV 2 will be in BR & be LCD HDTV. TV 3 is in Family Room and is SDTV. I own a 721 and have many misc. older receivers. My first idea was a 622 in LR with TV 2 running to BR LCD HDTV (approx 40' run) with the 721 downstairs. I know TV2 output is SDTV. Any way around this? We want to have PVR functions on all 3.
Dish recommended the 622 in LR w/ TV2 going to Family Room & the 721 in BR with a 211 also. That means an additional monthly receiver charge, $50 lease and, I believe, no MPEG4 HDTV in BR. 211's are MPEG2, right?

Secondly, TV2 doesn't exist yet. I'm between the Sony KDL-32S2010 and the Samsung LN-S3251D. The depth in the BR TV armoire (brand new) is less than 16". Can anyone offer advice.

Many thanks.

I was told that if you hook HDMI & components out of 622 TV 1 only one will send signal. The other will be disabled. This according to Dish Tech support. Also what happens to the signal strength on a 40' component cable? I only need one HDTV signal at a time.

But will TV1 ouput work with both HDMI and components connected at same time? I don't want to have to unhook one to watch the other.

Anybody have an opinion on the 32" Sony vs Samsung LCD (or maybe even the $699 Westinghouse) for the for the BR non HD programming?

Thanks for all the tips. 622 is getting installed on Sunday! More advice though, please.

622 is going in LR to SONY HDTV CRT. Line 2 is going via RG-6 to basement Sony SDTV CRT. 721 is going in BR hooked up to 1 day old Sony 32" LCD HDTV. I want to run 50' line out of line 1 in LR 622 to BR for VOOM channels and hopefully a better than 480i quality signal. My choices seem to be either a 50' HDMI http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=2678&seq=1&format=2&style=, or a 50' component with RG-6 http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10235&cs_id=1023501&p_id=2776&seq=1&format=2&style=. I've been told that component cables into RG-6 compress all signals to 480i. I've also been told that anything over 20' of HDMI is useless. Opinions?

Thanks for all the tips. 622 is getting installed on Sunday! More advice though, please.

622 is going in LR to SONY HDTV CRT. Line 2 is going via RG-6 to basement Sony SDTV CRT. 721 is going in BR hooked up to 1 day old Sony 32" LCD HDTV. I want to run 50' line out of line 1 in LR 622 to BR for VOOM channels and hopefully a better than 480i quality signal. My choices seem to be either a 50' HDMI http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024001&p_id=2678&seq=1&format=2&style=, or a 50' component with RG-6 http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10235&cs_id=1023501&p_id=2776&seq=1&format=2&style=. I've been told that component cables into RG-6 compress all signals to 480i. I've also been told that anything over 20' of HDMI is useless. Opinions?

I run 35' HDMI cable to the basement projector and 45' toslink cable to the basement receiver without any problems. Monoprice cables are good. In my case I bought another HDMI cable because Monoprice cables come with ferrites and wer too big to fit a small hole in the wall. So I opted out for different brand, but also not expensive. Can't remember the website now. Make a Google searc and look for price close to Monoprice.

I've been told that component cables into RG-6 compress all signals to 480i.
Dont't really understand what you mean here. Component cables will deliver analog 1080i/720p signals, RG6 deliver analog 480i signals.
You need to run 50' HDMI or 50' component cables. Don't forget toslin cables if you have a stereo system. You can use splitter dor toslink audio if you need to connect to two stereo systems (I do, and it works fine. Splitter cost - $6).

Some folks in these forums have reported component runs of 75' using cables made with low-loss RG-6. Belden 1694A is the best but that's probably overkill even at 75'. You can make those cables up yourself. Use quality compression fittings for best results. 5 total needed unless you have other means for the audio. The cables do not change the resolution or output format...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts