This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

help with sony trinitron, bowing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rstokas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
I have a 32' sony trinitron. It is bowing when I watch HDTV. Eg. The espn ticker is not straight on the edges. It is center but then angels down in the corners. this also happens when i watch something in widescreen. the corners will be angeled. is this b/c its a flat tv?

regular sd is ok, just on the hd channels.

Boba: Do dispays actually come out with only a partial calibration?

If its new, YES, by all means call the place where you bought it. Maybe even try for a replacement if they do not have a tech that can come out to the house and do it FREE!

Is it a flat screen? All flat screens I've seen have at least a slight bit of bowing to them.

ahhh

yes it is a flat screen. So I should not worry about it then? Its not that bad, just used to perfect flat like my projection tv. hey i got it for $250 off craigslist. it is 8 mos. old

how much does it cost to callibrate tvs? My Panny in the basement is 3 yrs old. How often do you calibrate them?

Man, I have seen at least 20 or 30 flats and NEVER seen any bowing on a calibrated display. If the display is under warranty and you are not satisfied, get the seller to look at it; it should be free. Pro calibration can be $250 and up depending on the display and what all you request. I would worry about if its noticeable. BUT Seeing that you got the display cheap then it might not be worth it, as I guess you didn't see it happening when you tested it / before you paid for it?

http://www.lionav.com/

http://www.isfcalibration.com/

Calibration List

Last edited:

Hearing that makes me want to get mine calibrated.

If it's a Trinitron, it can't be a flat panel; a Trinitron is a CRT. CRTs always have some bowing, but most of it can be taken out with calibration. I did it on my Trinitron, but it's very complex. Call a good TV technician, and he should be able to fix it.

I think we were talking about a FLAT TUBE. This is why I think calling plasmas, LCDs, etc all the generic flat screen is WRONG. Like all in-line skates being called RollerBlade.

I think he is talking something similar to 32" FD Trinitron® WEGA® TV - FD Trinitron® Picture Tube

Attachments

• KV32FS120.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 152
Status
Please reply by conversation.