Help with Superdish 105

lloyde6

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I'm trying to help a neighbor realign his Superdish 105 after a roof repair. The problem is I can't get above an 85 on 119. I have 113 signal on SAT 110 and 68 on SAT 105.
The pole is plum and the skew is right. There are no obstructions except powerlines
if that makes a difference.
Even if I disregard the other 2 SATS I can't get above 88 on 119. I have installed a few other Superdishes with no problems.
My Dad's house is very close to the neighbors and he is pulling 120 on Sat 119., 115 on Sat 110 and 65 on Sat 105.
I know 105 is not going to matter in a couple of weeks but I am puzzled on not being able to get above mid 80's on 119.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The stupid dishes (Superdishes) start out with a 90 degree bend required in the LNB cables in order to send the cable down the tubing. Makes it easy for a bad cable.
In your situation, try reversing the 110 and 119 cables at the LNB's.
At the DP34 switch area, put 119 LNB cable into port #1.
Check and see how readings are.

Another thing is take a new cable directly from the 119 LNB and go direct into the receiver without any switch being used. Do a check switch and then go to menu 6-1-1 and adjust for best signal.

By the way, although you may do better than 85 when finished, and I recommend you try to get a higher signal, 85 is more than sufficient for a good picture.

Also, different Dishnetwork model receivers will give different readings for the same signal input. So unless the same receiver measures the two different signal sources (neighbor's and fathers) a comparison means little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)