Help with Superdish setup

ogxjason15

Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Hello everyone, I recently installed a Superdish and am having problems receiving satellite 121 but getting 110/119 with good signal. My pole is perfectly plumb

My Azimuth is 172
Elevation is 52
Skew is 95

This is according to the information provided by the box for my zip code (91776)

The problem here is, when i put the dish to Elevation 52, Skew 95. I am unable to pick up any signal of 121/119/110 whatsoever pointing all of SOUTH. However, when i raise the elevation to about 58, I could get 119/110 with 100+ Signal strengths but not 121. It would say "Wrong Satellite 119" when i go to the 121 on the box. When i try scanning for channels, I would get a few international channels, but the rest is "NO SIGNAL".

Please help, this is pretty wierd for me. I've cut the tree that was blocking it before. I know that the 121 satellite is a pretty low satellite.

Any ideas? Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

If that is so, where could i buy a single FSS LNB to replace the 121?

Is this a symptom to a bad LNB? where you would only get a few transponders and a few channels.

Page 27 says.... (And my 622)

917XX - 172 - 50 - 95

Start over.

- Make sure the mast is plumb all the way around.
- Set the Elevation to 50, instead of 52.
- Make sure the dish pan and skew plate are aligned all the way around; and not off centered.
- Use a single cable between the outermost LNBF (which is 110) and the receiver.
- Peak this satellite (110) using a TP greater than 10. Only adj Azimuth & Elevation.
- Switch the cable to the FSS LNB (121).
- Use TP 15, 16, 20, or 21.
- Making minor adjustments on Azimuth & Elevation of less than 1 degree, peak the FSS LNB.

Notes:
(1) All of this is assuming you already have the correct software download for your receiver.
(2) If you decide to go through the switch (DP34 or DPP44), then use/switch the cable that goes to the Input Port 1 on 110 & 121, since it will pass through without the proper software in the receiver.
(3) If you are unable to peak on those transponders, call Customer Service for a complete list. They will probably ask you for your Receiver Model Number and the software version. 1-800-333-DISH
(4) If this is a used dish, and anything is bent, warped, etc..., then you may have to try a lot of settings and take the best signal you can get. Maybe use the SD-121 for channels you need on 121, and then a Dish 500 for 119 & 110.
(5) If you do have a bad LNBF Cluster (119/121), Dish Tech Support may be able to send you another one. If out of warranty, they could charge your account or credit card for the cost and/or shipping.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts