Help with T90 Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

projection freak

Original poster
Aug 31, 2006
Hi. I've been at this for days and am at my wits end.

I'm new to FTA. I'm trying to set up a T-90, my location is 98221. I'm using a twinhan 102g dvb card. The lnbf closest to the center is aimed at amc 1. they are standard lnbf, sadoun kul2's. the problem may be my line of site but at the elevation it looks clear. I really wanted to set this up on the ground if i could before going up on the roof(2 stories). If I take the angle of elevation using a level and a flat half circle type compass from the bottom of the dish the arc appears to be clear except for some powerlines, but there is a hill in that direction but i appear to be aiming above it.

I have the lof set at 10750 and the lofsw at 0. currently hooked straight to the lnb. I set the elevation of the dish using said compass and a small level. I think this should be very very close to dead on. I set the skew of the dish and the azimuth. the settings are based on what i recieved from wave frontier. the best I can get is 71-73% signal with zero quality. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've changed the elevation slowly, east to west. I've been trying to scan pentagon channel transponder and get no channel, can't get any channels on any satelites using full scans. I've tried progdvb, the twinhan software, thmover, dvbdream, and mytheater. In dvbdream and MT i don't even get a signal registered on the meters. I know the card works b/c if i hook it up to my dish net dish i can get the dish 500 channel and a list of all the scrambled channels.

Any advise at this point would be appreciated. Is there a prefered program to use to set up the dish. If I have to I can remote desktop into this pc and use my laptop on the roof. also with the twinhan, thmover, and progdvb software, i get like 60% as long as it is hooked to the lnb even if I drag it into the garage and close the door.

Thanks

Ok thanks for the link, that will come in handy. I've spent the rest of the day working on it with no change. I mounted it on the roof and remote desktoped to adjust the dish. I did mount a circular lnb on it off the dish dish and will try and dial that in tommorow. I'm about to lose it dealing with this thing so long.

Unless its the special circular lNB, the polarity will be backwards (no biggie, but just wanted to make that note)

The best advice I can say is take your time and dont rush. That only makes it worse (I thought it would be a 1/2 hour aim job when I aimed mine for the first time)

ok, my patience is starting to wear thin again. I've been at it all day and still zilch. If I aim this dish directly at 110w I can't get anything. IU can take the lnb off while it is still connector and hold it in front of the dish net dish right next to the toroidal and it get's a signal! I've double checked the dish assembly the coordinates, slowly changed everything to no end. wtf is going on with this thing. one thing that troubles me is that the toroidal appears to be aiming down quite a bit set at what i think should be 34 degrees. I understand this is an offset dish but the dish net dish points up some set at 34. Also there are 2 small bulges above the 2 middle screws on the center of the face of the dish, is this ok/normal? I've found mytheater to be good at accurate meter readings as it gives me zero at the t-90 and 70s-85q aimed at the dn dish, back and forth with the program still running. So what I have done again is get the set up with 110 in the center and tried at that all day.

You need to have a cheap signal meter. It will not work trying to set up a T90 with only a PCI card.

It is normal for the dish to appear be 90 degrees with the ground.

Best to set up with a circular lnb in the center with out any skew.

Then add outboard circular lnbs and skew for the best signal on the two outboard lnbs. readjust aim of center lnb (by moving on rail).

That is the coarse adjustment,

next install linear lnbs and make small adjustments to peak the two most outboard linear lnbs.

Then never ever think about moving the dish ever again!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts