Help with Tax

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Does D* charge state tax for services? I'm tring to figure out if it's worth it to go to Total Choice Plus. the way I added it up I'd be paying about 58.47 a month instead of 50.90

How do they figure tax?

Depends on the state you are in. Some states charge a satellite tax and some do not. I do not have a list of which ones do maybe someone else on here does..

D* doesn't charge you a tax..

Direct doesn't "charge" you a tax but in most states has to add the state sales tax to your bill just like the elec. co., telephone co., or most products purchased in any state with a sales tax. Here in Wisconsin we have a 5% sales tax so my actual bill from D* has 5% added on to it which goes to the State of Wisconsin. It's really peanuts on something small but when you make a big purchase like a new car it sure is noticable!

ArtWIS said:
Direct doesn't "charge" you a tax but in most states has to add the state sales tax to your bill just like the elec. co., telephone co., or most products purchased in any state with a sales tax. Here in Wisconsin we have a 5% sales tax so my actual bill from D* has 5% added on to it which goes to the State of Wisconsin. It's really peanuts on something small but when you make a big purchase like a new car it sure is noticable!

Additional comment: My state doesn't have any special extra tax for sattelite service just the regular sales tax for almost al items purchased except food and medicine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)