Help with Toshiba TRX-1820 C-Band Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Joe Gallo

Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
america
Dear friends:
I need some help with my C-band Toshiba TRX-1820 receiver. I was trying to setup new channels and by accident deleted all my presets and now I lost all my channels. Is any way to flash into the memory a new .bin file that has factory preset channels, like the new receivers? Please let me know if that is possible and where I can get it. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

:welcome
Sorry, but NO, they are only programmable via remote button pushing. There are only 24 "channels" per C band satellite in the analog "mode", they are already "in there". Auto Tune mode is useless unless you can find an analog channel (and that usually fails miserably for peaking the DVB signals, so manual mode is the best). If you're using it as a mover, you'll need 2nd tv connected to the Toshiba to see it's menus, while watching your DVB Quality on another. Sorry. I retired my 1820 ~2yrs ago. Replaced it with a G-Box mover. (and an LNBF)

Last edited:
Welcome to Satelliteguys Joe!!

Thanks for your welcome FaT Air, this receiver is kind of old but is a good one. I'm glad C-band channels are still around. It's gonna be interesting to get some channels to view. Nice forum! Thanks bud.

I do appreciate your welcome Ke4est, it is a pleasure to be in this nice forum, for what I read there is a lot of good information here. I have 2 passions: Radio Dxing and satellite scanning. Thanks, and have a nice day sir.

You will find that the atmosphere of this site cannot be matched. We are here to help, not ask why you ask questions..;) So feel free to jump in with both feet and ask any question you have or comment on others posts. There are lots of good people on here willing to help.

Joe, I believe Fat Air is correct, if you accidentally deleted your sat positions they are gone for good. I have read many of Mr. Air's posts and am pretty sure he has forgotten more about this stuff than I will ever know. :D

If you need an electronic copy of the 1820 Users Manual please private message me your email address and I will shoot it to you. I tried to upload it to our Manuals Section but couldn't make it happen. Or if you would like I could email it to Iceberg and he could post it here.

There is a manual for the Toshiba 1420 in the Manuals section, many features are similar. If you look on page 47 of that one they describe how to do a satellite position realignment, but if those positions have been deleted I don't think that will help.

I am still using a Toshiba 1820 to move a 10' BUD/Polarotor setup, and it works great.

It may be going into "semi-retirement" once I get my 12 footer up and going but it's been a good unit, built like a tank and hasn't missed a beat for almost 20 years. If it ever croaks I will probably retask it as a weapon, or to drive fence posts! ;)

Good luck and welcome! :)

Joe, I believe Fat Air is correct, if you accidentally deleted your sat positions they are gone for good. I have read many of Mr. Air's posts and am pretty sure he has forgotten more about this stuff than I will ever know. :D

If you need an electronic copy of the 1820 Users Manual please private message me your email address and I will shoot it to you. I tried to upload it to our Manuals Section but couldn't make it happen. Or if you would like I could email it to Iceberg and he could post it here.

There is a manual for the Toshiba 1420 in the Manuals section, many features are similar. If you look on page 47 of that one they describe how to do a satellite position realignment, but if those positions have been deleted I don't think that will help.

I am still using a Toshiba 1820 to move a 10' BUD/Polarotor setup, and it works great.

It may be going into "semi-retirement" once I get my 12 footer up and going but it's been a good unit, built like a tank and hasn't missed a beat for almost 20 years. If it ever croaks I will probably retask it as a weapon, or to drive fence posts! ;)

Good luck and welcome! :)

Mr. phlatwound, it's a great honor to receive your hospitality. You guys are great!
I bought my sat dish/receiver (a twelve footer) from some good senior fellows and it was loaded with all kind of channels, and believe me, the first time I got a picture, it was of a famous senior nun in a catholic TV station, they were praying and singing and it was nice!. I thought it was a good omen. My receiver has a tray with a Video Cipher circuit board, some channels shown broken bars all over, but others were cristal clear. I felt like an old boy scout doing my homework!, this is a great hobby. I have the original manual, but if you have an upgraded copy with additional procedures I sure like to have it. I'm still learning how to use this forum, but it's getting better. Thank you very much sir.

You will find that the atmosphere of this site cannot be matched. We are here to help, not ask why you ask questions..;) So feel free to jump in with both feet and ask any question you have or comment on others posts. There are lots of good people on here willing to help.

Mr.. ke4fest I feel home already, I like the atmosphere of this forum, it is a mixture of efficiency and team job. Great forum sir. I have to start to look around for files and articles that I would like to bring to your consideration. Have a nice day!.

Mr. phlatwound, it's a great honor to receive your hospitality. You guys are great!
I bought my sat dish/receiver (a twelve footer) from some good senior fellows and it was loaded with all kind of channels, and believe me, the first time I got a picture, it was of a famous senior nun in a catholic TV station, they were praying and singing and it was nice!. I thought it was a good omen. My receiver has a tray with a Video Cipher circuit board, some channels shown broken bars all over, but others were cristal clear. I felt like an old boy scout doing my homework!, this is a great hobby. I have the original manual, but if you have an upgraded copy with additional procedures I sure like to have it. I'm still learning how to use this forum, but it's getting better. Thank you very much sir.

I would recommend removing the VideoCipher board from your receiver and disposing of it. It is not uncommon for the old batteries to leak and ruin the electronics inside your receiver...not good!

Also, I most likely I have the same manual as you if you have your original, mine is a digital copy of the one that it came with in '93.

It's nice to have an electronic copy you can save on a computer. Please let me know if you want it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)