Help with upgrading equipment..& install...

mothergoose45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I have a 942 in one room with an OTA Antenna hooked up to it. In another room I have a 508. I just bought a Panny Plasma for the room with the 508. I want to put a 622 in there.

I guess I need another line to the 622. How do I get the signal from the amplified Wineguard Sensar III from the room with the 942 to the 622? And will it be amplified and work properly?

What else do I need to do that you guys know of?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Give it some time, guy, it's Thanksgiving.

First, from your dish you will run two coax to the ViP622, or one and use a separator. What approach is used will depend upon your equipment and possible future plans.

Second- you might want to say where that antenna is located. If it's on the roof, you can use a diplexer and feed the OTA signal down the same coax as the sat signal. Or you can use a splitter at some point down the antenna's existing coax and feed the ViP622 and the current 942. If your runs are long, you might need a distro amp. This assumes you are lucky enough to be in a location where you are getting good reception with such an antenna.

More details might get you more help.

The splitter needs to be between the antenna power supply and the receivers. In other words, the power supply needs to feed a single cable direct to the antenna. If you place a splitter between the PS and the antenna, you will not properly power the preamp. You will then be able to split the antenna signal to all of your receivers without noticable loss of signal.

As was already mentioned, you can diplex OTA and SAT feed through a single cable, and use a seperator, provided you are running DISHPro Plus equipment.

Best of luck.

Thanks for help. I will split the antenna after it comes out of the power supply. The run to the 622 will be about 25 feet. Will I lose signal strength with the run this long?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts