Help with Winegard Carryout and DISH receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steveclv

Original poster
Feb 18, 2013
Vegas
I have a Winegard Carryout and want to connect it to a DVR that allows me to watch one program and record another on the same satellite? HD of course :)

The Carryout has a master and slave output intended for 2 receivers

I could use 2 off 211K receivers, add external HDs to them and run 2 cables - very messy and a little expensive.

Is there a single DVR that will allow me to do what I want?

Thanks for any advice

A 722/K DVR would work for what you want. Single coax off of the Carryout to a separator at the 722. It gives you two tuners. You can watch one channel while recording another, or record two channels while watching a recorded program....

A 722/K DVR would work for what you want. Single coax off of the Carryout to a separator at the 722. It gives you two tuners. You can watch one channel while recording another, or record two channels while watching a recorded program....

Unless they have changed, Carryouts use legacy lnbf's and as such, do not support the use of a dpp seperator. 2 cables from the Carryout to the 722 would be needed. The master to sat input 1 and the secondary to sat input 2. In this configuration, tuner 1 would control the movement of the Carryout dish and provide limited dual tuner capability.

I have set up a few dual tuners on the carry-out in the past.
ZIP is correct you will need two lines and the primary controls the dish(as in which orbital its looking at).
As long as both channels you want to watch/record are on the same satellite it should work fine.
only a handfull of channels come into play here , refer to the "LIST" to see which ones
although The default setting for "preferred" tuner to record from is tuner two.
You may want to change the "record plus" setting in preferences to none or one.

One thing I do remember is that it took many switch test to get the proper results (sw64 and all sats both tuners)and the switch test are very slow for "legacy" equipment.
Have patients and good luck.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts