help !! with wsdigital 6 ft prime focus dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gardenman2002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
indiana
I recently purchased a 6 ft dish from ws digital and unfortunately it on;ly had the parts pictorial for it.
no real assembly instructions. I have my support rods connected to the second screw up from the end of the dish, my focal length measures with a ruler from the face opening of the dish(dead center)
about 26 and 3/4 inches.That is to my dmx741u. I cannot get even one signal with ku or c and i took the lnbf and configured it to my 90cm dish hoping it would at least give me an indication if its working.nothing. 0 on the screen. could i have a dud lnbf? I have a level pole, i used a compass to get the reading on 91w which has alot of c band programming and had my omegasat dbs5700
tuned to a particular transponders frequency. 0. not even a bump in signal. i checked my coax connections, level pole compass settings, and elevation settings since im just trying to get in a signal,
i have the dish locked down just for one satellite. by the way i also tried 97w on ku and 0
setting the correct elevation and azimuth. any suggestions?is my focal length off? there was no tech info for this dish,and i also took a level board across my dish to get the depth making sure it wasnt warped.Help!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Gardenman, Is yours mounted on a pole? or on the stand mount, I call it? First things to check that's where I made mistakes lol..
The lnb is it turned properly in the holder? " zero position". Also on the focal depth...a rough guess is about 1/2"-3/4" of the lnb showing thru the front of the mounting plate. If your close on all that then try adjusting your elevation up or down. An Inclinometer is a big help...hardware stores have them under $20. Then if nothing try moving the dish left and then right. Make sure your receiver is on a live transponder! Make sure your lnb settings are set properly in the receiver!...Cband as far ass lining it up are a lot more forgiving than Ku by far. How something I said helps. Blind

Thanks guys!!!

blindowl,

My dish is pole mounted and i tried the 0 at 12 oclock position. It may be my receiver too since it is a very low end model, but i never could peak it at any signal. Also, anole, thanks for the link and i will check it out. and i will keep trying on the c band freqs

You guys renewed my hope to success!!!!!
Thanks,
gardenman2002

gardenman2002, the first post anole gave is where i started. then dougs waas moved to another post http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/228237-6-foot-dish-install.html. i followed all the pics and the posts from the members, i have it now in use with an actuator. if i remember correctly when i fixed my dish orig at 91w i had my true south settings for the dish which it was to high because my true south is 72w. i lowered the elevation and the declination but not to much. i also turned the lnb from 0 to the three oclock position and blind scanned. i was able to get most of what is listed but i put the actuator on before i could mess with a better quality. i was between 63-67%. the posts should help you tremendously. let me know if you have any more questions.

Success!!!

Hey everyone!!!!

I just scanned my first channels on galaxy 16c and watched a show for about an hour.
Im still not done. i have strength at 21 and quality at 72. I was able to get this by rotating the lnb, and i wnet thru all the sats and started getting the multiple of the signal on ku i guess, so i had to go to the list to find out which sat i was on. Anyway

THANKS TO ALL WHO REPLIED AND LOOKING FORWARD TO MANY YEARS OF C BAND WITH KU.!!!!!!!!!!!:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up I will keep everyone posted on what i receive SAtellites that is.:rolleyes:

gardenman2002

Gardenman Glad it worked for you. I figured something was off just a little bit. Once you get the hang of lining up a cband dish to me it's easier than KU by far. Blind

blindowl,
I agree with you. I do not have the actuator box yet but i set the dish at an elevation,hand turn the dish on azimuth and peak elevation by the rod on the back. So far im getting 91w,95,97,99,103,107w . Not bad at all. I purchased a new receiver too and a new sat meter . The sf-99. Makes things so much easier and Yes c band is much easier. i can find the sats and peak then in about 20 minutes. I have not bothered to mess with resetting skew since im getting a good signal. I will set it when i order the actuator box.I have been experimenting with setting the dish in between sats so i can receive both. So far i can do this on 97wand 99w.
Thanks again and hope to talk some more in the future.
gardenman2002

This picture will do wonders for you! Being new to this whole thing myself, this picture (By FatAir) explained everything. Once you get this setup correctly, you will be able to point to your sats by simply looseing the clamp on the actuator, and moving it in or out as the dish swings on the pivot. Elevation, Azimuth, and Skew will all dial in AUTOMATICALLY while only having to move the actuator in and out.:)

polar_mount_pic.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)