Help !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nels Wilt

Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
After making several calls to folks at DISH I am still scratching my head and looking for some straight answers. We currently have 4 TVs in in our home - 2 HD and 2 SD. I am thinking of replacing one of the SD TV's which is in the master bedroom and upgrading it to HD. I currently have a 942 receiver with HD DVR capability that I had to purchase, a 811 which which I rent and then a 510 receiver for the 2 SD TVs. I was recently informed by a service tech that both my 942 and 811 receivers will become obsolete when DISH upgrades its service from 2MPEG to 4MPEG for improved HD reception. If it is true they have to be replaced, then I would like to have a set-up that provides following capability: 2 HD DVR receivers (including one that would also support a SD TV) and 1 HD receiver. So far when I have asked the DISH sales/customer support folks, the answer I get is "our current promotions being offered don't allow this." Which to me as a loyal customer for 3+ yrs is unacceptable.

I am wondering if this is really true or if it is a technical limitation issue? :confused:

Incorrect!!!!!!! i work tech support at dish you can get two hd dvr's PM me your account number or R00 and i will let you know

Incorrect!!!!!!! i work tech support at dish you can get two hd dvr's PM me your account number or R00 and i will let you know

If you read his post - he wants two HD DVR's (622 or 722) + a 211.

edit : will leave the (IF's) to someone who knows more than me about the account limitations ;)

WELL let me clarify i posted quick and short dish offered free upgrades from the 81 to 211 since they were shutting their feeds down -so he gets that tossed in done deal to replace 811(FYI once he PM's me his account info i can verify the 811 is leased which i highly doubt) i f not thats fone then we toss in two hd dvr's

I would E-mail them at ceo@echostar.com let them know what you would like to do see what they say. Also I Would not give out your account number unless your dealing with Dish. Email them should here something back.

I do aplogize for any issues regarding this I have helped multiple members on this forum with their accounts i am direct from dish --- Now that said um no one can do anything with your account number come on---thats fine do not send the account number but feel free to call me at dish network 1-800-333-Dish you can pm me for my extension thanks for that though poke

Thanks for the assistance. I will try the e-mail query first - if no luck there, I will check back with you ddgtomahawk. BTW, Im notso good with the shorthand - what's PM? Yea, Im well on my way to becoming an old codger.

I would E-mail them at ceo@echostar.com let them know what you would like to do see what they say. Also I Would not give out your account number unless your dealing with Dish. Email them should here something back.

Perhaps I'm off base, but it seems to me like investigating other avenues first before emailing ceo is a good idea. It's a great resource that I'd hate for people to wear out someday.

No most time you can get your issue taking care of or get some kind of response that can help you get your issues resolved. So there should be no issue emailing them with your issues.

Yea, I figured out PM after I logged out.

"Perhaps I'm off base, but it seems to me like investigating other avenues first before emailing ceo is a good idea. It's a great resource that I'd hate for people to wear out someday."

I guess the "CEO" agrees with you, because so far he has been too busy to answer the mail. I really thought I had a legitimate question and wasn't asking for too much or in danger of wearing anybody out, especially since the "trained" salesperson's only response was my "computer won't allow me to do that." So much for customer service, I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)