Help!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brown_24

Original poster
Sep 21, 2008
hello i am trying to get some channels on intelsat 3r i have a 1.2m dish but i want to know if what typo of lnb i need i have a viewsat platnum lite receiver. anything you have to say is of great help! thanks in advance!:)

The Intelsat 3R bird at 43° West has Ku transponders from 11.7 to 12.2ghz aimed at North America.
Transponders 12.5 to 12.7ghz are aimed at Europe.

Looks like any Standard LNB should work. A Universal will also, but isn't required

And the coverage area is -most- of the USA, but maybe not all.
Where are you located?

thank you i had tried using a directv lnb but it dint work, im going to buy a digiwave DGL-03s

That LNB should work.
The reason the DirecTV LNB didn't, is because it is circular polarized.

However, if you are in Canada, do check the signal distribution map on Lyngsat for recommended coverage area.
(reason I mention Canada, is they usually come up with Digiwave products)

The dish can be at ground level or high on a tower. The dish only needs to have a clear LOS (Line Of Sight) to the satellite. Much easier to work on if it could be on a ground mounted post.

You can use this aiming calculator to determine where to aim the dish and the LNBF Skew (rotation):
www.GeoSatFinder.com

Just high enough to see over anything between you and the bird. - :rolleyes:

Didn' t know where in Texas you were, so I picked the middle of the state: Abilene
From there, the 43° west bird has an elevation of 19,4°
and measured by the compass, it's azimuth is 102.3°

So, if you have a pretty clear view in the direction of the satellite, with no tall obstructions, ya might see it.

If there is a real question, use the soda straw inclinometer (below) and check your clearance.

There are a number of useful satellite calculators, including the one at the top of this page in TheList, and GeoSatFinder, both of which are great to get your bearings.

ThisBUDsForYou and his soda straw inclinometer
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...a-straw-inclinometer-line-sight-pictures.html
Delta Charlie had some variation on the idea, too
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/146479-15-min-duct-tape-elevation-gauge.html

edit: oh, I see Brian beat me to the punch while I was fiddling around looking for my links. ;)

i know its been long but i haven't been able to get Intelsat 3r the antenna is a 1.2m fiberglass dish it was used for data but when i set it up for sat 119 and 110 works but no luck with 3r i have a clear line of sight i live in Houston I'm wondering if the linear lnb is to small for the antenna.

i tried some frequencies discussed in previous posts 11995 and 12050.
anything tips you have a re of great help thanks!!!

i know its been long but i haven't been able to get Intelsat 3r the antenna is a 1.2m fiberglass dish it was used for data but when i set it up for sat 119 and 110 works but no luck with 3r i have a clear line of sight i live in Houston I'm wondering if the linear lnb is to small for the antenna.

By your being able to get 119 and 110, it sounds as though you have a circular polarized LNB rather than a linear :rolleyes:?? You'll need to check the skew when/if you have the correct LNB........good luck

Have you been able to get any other Linear satellite ?
Finding your first satellite can be tough , especially when the elevation scale is off which seems to be common.

I always suggest having a small tv next to your dish to monitor signal quality while making adjustments , get yourself pointed in the general direction and start moving the dish in very small increments , make sure to pause after each adjustment to give your receiver time to display the signal bar.

I used to swing my dish up down and all around hoping that something would pop up , doesn't work that way so please have patience , took me about 20 minutes to find the satellite I was looking for by moving dish in small increments , I was happy with that type of success.

If you like try a $10 dollar Analog signal meter with adjustable knob , I've used them and like the sensitivity of the meter , it's adjustable so when the needle is maxed out lower the sensitivity and continue fine tuning until you get some signal quality , you will then use the receiver quality meter with your TV monitor for fine adjustments .

BTW - PAS 3R What are you trying to watch on that satellite , let us know ...
maybe we can give you the current frequency for Televisa feeds that come and go or another frequency you may need for tuning in a signal.

thanks ill try that and i was trying to get televisa but i cant do anything right now because its raining in the part of town were I'm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts