Here's a Strange One

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
:eek: Portland's PAX finally went digital a couple of days ago so I added it via an auto scan to both of my stb's. They both added just fine, but one stb has a weird glitch: Immediately after adding the channel, the Info for all of my local channels was blank, but the sat channels had their info. This was at around 4 pm today and I just went and checked (12:37 am) and they are still blank, so I reset the stb and I will see how it is tomorrow. I am now going to bed to get my extra hour of sleep. ;)

Weird. After the Broncos lost yesterday, it started snowing in Denver. I lost the signal for the local Fox affiliate. Then I checked the other OTA channels, and the satellite channels, and they all came in strong. A little while later, I lost the signal for the local ABC channel. Switched to local NBC and no audio--all this time, the satellite channels were fine. So I went to the guide to look for a movie, and saw the listings for movie (1992) on 4 of the Cinema 10 channels.

The locals came back after about an hour. My wife wanted to watch "Desperate Housewives" on ABC, and I could only stand about 5 minutes of that, so went down to the basement and played pool. I'm puzzled about the OTA, but everything seems OK this morning. Chalk it up to Halloween and drive on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts