Here's an EPIX Question

jeffdan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
any word on when we can expect epix hd online to link Dish customers to thier website? my 30 day invite code only has 5 days left

any word on when we can expect epix hd online to link Dish customers to thier website? my 30 day invite code only has 5 days left

Since EPIX is owned partially by MGM, now in bankruptcy, with all assets in the hands of the creditors for a disposal plan, it may take a while.

The Court, in its wisdom, attempted to find a studio mogle type to run MGM - no one is interested. They attempted to find a deep-pocketed financial group to run MGM - no one is interested.

Now, after several delays to try to keep what is left of MGM together, the creditors will wait no longer, have taken control of the remiaining assets and are developing their own plan, which, pending court approval, will break apart what is left of the once large motion picture giant.

See today's LA Times article about the most recent MGM finance issues at: MGM's future now in hands of debt holders, not management - Los Angeles Times

Beta ain't that great

You will be able to watch the EPIX movies via DISHONLINE.COM not the EPIX website.

Being a beta tester just isn't that great w/ dishonline. Everything I have clicked on tells me I need to upgrade. Sorry E* you won't get me out of absolute. There just isn't enuff reason to change my package from absolute.

I find it ridiculous that we are stuck with Dishonline. Does that site (not participating in the beta yet.. signed up, but no response yet) support the inviting friends to movie screening? My guess is not. That will really be a bummer if some of the features of EPIX are not available to us because Dish wants to brand it all under their minimal feature banner.

I find it ridiculous that we are stuck with Dishonline. Does that site (not participating in the beta yet.. signed up, but no response yet) support the inviting friends to movie screening? My guess is not. That will really be a bummer if some of the features of EPIX are not available to us because Dish wants to brand it all under their minimal feature banner.

Totally agree. I'm sick of the proprietary website thing.

All the movies available at the Epix website are available on DISHonline.

Its just easier for DISH to manage control over who is subscribed to what via their website, then having to rely on the programmer to keep track of that info.

Any chance we'll be able to watch EPIX movies via "VOD" on our STBs?

While I'm on the subject, any chance of Dish improving their VOD layout? Sort by channel would be real nice!

Scott Greczkowski said:
All the movies available at the Epix website are available on DISHonline.

Its just easier for DISH to manage control over who is subscribed to what via their website, then having to rely on the programmer to keep track of that info.

This stinks since dish limits who can use dishonline. This shows that dish does not support its subscribers

So how does this help?

DishONLINE is limited right now, since it is in Beta. When it is out of Beta, then all customers should be able to use this service.
More content we are paying for and not receiving?:rant:

Why does dish need to be in the middle in the first place?

Seems like other content providers can find a way to make it work

When my 7-day password expired, I sent EpixHD.com an email asking when Dish customers would be able to use their VOD service on the web site, and they sent me a 30-day password and said they are working with Dish to service their customers. Recently, when I logged on to EpixHD - Big On Any Screen I noticed I was re-directed to dish.epixhd.com - could that be a clue that something is happening to include Dish customers on their web site?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)